Good chance the PS5 is unveiled tomorrow

Website is live now, and considering it is the PS5 *hint hint*wink wink* it would seem 2/5 would be prime time to capitalize on that sweet, sweet pompous, fluffy marketing angle and yada yada.

Otherwise they'd have to wait until sayyy, 2/25? Or worse yet March, which is the third month of the year...and I'm guessing Sony is keen on avoiding anything with "3" in it considering how rough a go they had that time around. Now "2" on the other hand...everyone loves "2" amiright?! So if I'm Sony I'd want to lead in with that towards getting us to love 5 2 too.

Ok I'll stop now

Hopefully there will be a Demons Souls remastered or something. And that it is backwards compatible with PS4.

If that image is teasing the console design, I like the way it looks so far.

Maybe they'll show us the cardboard box it comes in with logo on it his time instead of just the logo.

CritialGaming:
If that image is teasing the console design, I like the way it looks so far.

I like it, looks science-fiction-y.

hanselthecaretaker:
Website is live now, and considering it is the PS5 *hint hint*wink wink* it would seem 2/5 would be prime time to capitalize on that sweet, sweet pompous, fluffy marketing angle and yada yada.

Otherwise they?d have to wait until sayyy, 2/25? Or worse yet March, which is the third month of the year...and I?m guessing Sony is keen on avoiding anything with ?3? in it considering how rough a go they had that time around. Now ?2? on the other hand...everyone loves ?2? amiright?! So if I?m Sony I?d want to lead in with that towards getting us to love 5 2 too.

Ok I?ll stop now

I mean, a 5 IS an upside down 2.

Honestly I'm kinda in the same boat as Yoshi, I just don't see what they could possibly reveal that would make this exciting for me.

Yoshi178:
Maybe they'll show us the cardboard box it comes in with logo on it his time instead of just the logo.

Logos don't do it for ya?

Specter Von Baren:
I just don't see what they could possibly reveal that would make this exciting for me.

I don't get console unveils at all. It'll be probably 2 years until some really great exclusive game lands on the PS5 anyway (just like current-gen did). There's gonna be AT LEAST a year buffer where everything gets released on both gens of consoles. Plus, new console gen just means devs get passes for making games look better instead of play better (not that AAA excels at gameplay anyway).

I'm going to assume that this is a low-key "the website is up" topic and that you're just having fun with the opening post.

When they're going to reveal the console it will likely be at a press event, with invitations sent out to members of the press weeks ahead of time, these invitations in turn will get leaked to the masses. There's pretty much no chance of there being a sudden reveal.

Anyway, my hopes for a reveal are to get to know new features as it's pretty much a given that games will look better and that most games will get a PS5 port.
That isn't to say I wouldn't be excited for an unexpected game announcement, but I'm currently more interested in the console's feature set.

Yoshi178:

Maybe they'll even have a nothing-telling trailer with people dancing in front of a green screen, I hear some people enjoy those.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here