V2 Forums Are Now Live for Beta Testing!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Hi everyone,

The new Escapist forums are now live for beta testing. Please feel free to sign up and check the announcement thread for details and rules. You'll also find a thread to link back to your account here to get a Legacy badge for your account.

https://forums.escapistmagazine.com/

Neato. Us old guard are all about those badges. Should be refreshing to not have the place held together by spit and baling wire too. Also, probably figure out all the tags again.

Question tho, the messages and likes counters are self-evident, but what are points?

I got a question too - I set a gif as my avatar, but isn't not moving. I cleared my cache and history and restarted, but still still. I'm guessing that's a beta thing?

I tried signing in; it said user not found. Despite me remembering my username and password. Do I have to register first?

CoCage:
I tried signing in; it said user not found. Despite me remembering my username and password. Do I have to register first?

Yes, accounts don't carry over. You have to register again.

CoCage:

Correct. We aren't able to migrate everything over just yet, both due to the complexity of it and making sure we don't get penalized hard by Google. It's a longterm project for tech.

I have joined up. New forum looks great.

So banned people can make a new account under a new name?

Thank you Chimp and Nick.

Marik2:

I guess so, was there really anything preventing people from doing that before? Other than the mods wising up to someone banjumping?

How the heck do you even set your avatar?

I'm guessing user groups won't be a thing, right?

Marik2:

For now yes. We'll treat it as a fresh start.

The Rogue Wolf:

Once your account is approved (I'm doing them manually), you'll see your profile in the top right and you can edit a bunch of stuff there.

Nick Calandra:

The Rogue Wolf:

Once your account is approved (I'm doing them manually), you'll see your profile in the top right and you can edit a bunch of stuff there.

Is there a way to do Gif avatars, or is that later on type stuff? I don't mind either way, just gifs that don't move are silly

I've made mine, just pending El Presidente's approval.

I've just signed up too.

Yeah, me too. I'm using a less cringeworthy name, though.

Everyone was 12 once.

Edit: New name is 'NerfedFalcon'. It's what I use in most other places.

I dropped the second half of my username.

Everyone just referred to me by only the first half anyways, and it's less typing when logging in.

Marik2:

Editor in Chief says yes.

Get on the discords and let them all know. We can have a big reunion party.

I've changed my name to BrawlMan on the new version of the forums. To match up with the name I use at Easy Allies.

Switched over to sXeth for my new one for better general matchups of nicknames across the board. (its also more distinct for a nickname online, as opposed to my nickname in real life)

I'll have to see if I can dig up my avatar, I at least haven't seen avatars on here for ages, no idea why.

There's definitely some people I'd like to see come back. Lots of people were banned over some very silly stuff.

Please don't tell Epyc Wynn. We don't want him ruining it :(

Nick Calandra:

Marik2:

There's going to be a lot of impersonators and trolling.

Marik2:

Nick Calandra:

Marik2:

There's going to be a lot of impersonators and trolling.

The moderators and I are paying close attention. Saleune already informed us of their impostor, and it was taken care of. We'll keep it tight and controlled.

IceForce:

Marik2:

Aside from that one guy who banjumped for like six solid months I can't imagine many of the people who were banned caring that much. Barring the "first post" bans of old I think more people have chosen to leave than were forced to leave at this stage.

EvilRoy:

IceForce:

Marik2:

Aside from that one guy who banjumped for like six solid months I can't imagine many of the people who were banned caring that much. Barring the "first post" bans of old I think more people have chosen to leave than were forced to leave at this stage.

You'd be surprised. Houseman has already turned up. Sigh.

Sad that there doesn't seem to be a sub forum for forum games.

EvilRoy:

IceForce:

Marik2:

Hah, you underestimate the determination of some people.

I just added myself to the new forums, how do I get the legacy tag and my badges moved over and such?

Worgen:
I just added myself to the new forums, how do I get the legacy tag and my badges moved over and such?

Make a post here:
https://forums.escapistmagazine.com/threads/legacy-users-get-your-badge-here.21/

Be sure to include a link to your old profile (ie: https://v1.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Worgen in your case)

TopazFusion:

Worgen:

Make a post here:
https://forums.escapistmagazine.com/threads/legacy-users-get-your-badge-here.21/

Be sure to include a link to your old profile (ie: https://v1.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Worgen in your case)

Thanks.

Until the mods and rules changes, I ain't setting foot there.

Nick Calandra:
Hi everyone,

The new Escapist forums are now live for beta testing. Please feel free to sign up and check the announcement thread for details and rules. You'll also find a thread to link back to your account here to get a Legacy badge for your account.

https://forums.escapistmagazine.com/

Looks great, thus far, but it appears to lack a light theme (a la Discord's user options). I'm colour blind so it's murder on my eyes to *try* reading anything that's red/blue/purple.

Will a light theme be added (or is it already there in some out of the way place I'm too retarded to see)?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.