V2 Forums Are Now Live for Beta Testing!

Pages PREV 1 2

k registered with my up to date e-mail and user just as Yoshi without the 178.

new forum makes me sad. it's not letting me keep the same avatar just because the height is longer than the width.

Are gifs gonna be a thing for avatars? Or is that still in the beta stages?

I tried signing up but noone will send me a confirmation email.

Looks pretty good. I like how the avatars pop a bit more visually.

Awaiting verification

is there still a Health bar system on the new forum? i noticed i can't find anything similar when i look at my new profile

k got my avatar sorted on the new forums. :)

Smithnikov:

I never got one either, but I just started checking out the site and it turned out my account was working already. Maybe just give it a shot and see if when you try to login it makes you do a second step verification and just lets you go to town. That's what happened for me.

EvilRoy:

Smithnikov:

I never got one either, but I just started checking out the site and it turned out my account was working already. Maybe just give it a shot and see if when you try to login it makes you do a second step verification and just lets you go to town. That's what happened for me.

Nick has made the 2FA bit optional (though highly recommended) now.

EvilRoy:

Smithnikov:

That happened to me too. You reach a point during account creation where it asks you to please wait for an approval email.
But one never arrives. The approval still goes through and works fine, you just don't get notified of it.

Might be confusing for some people.

Signed up, waiting for an email.

IceForce:

EvilRoy:

Smithnikov:

That happened to me too. You reach a point during account creation where it asks you to please wait for an approval email.
But one never arrives. The approval still goes through and works fine, you just don't get notified of it.

Might be confusing for some people.

All accounts are manually approved for now. So you won't get a confirmation email. I'm checking every couple hours, so it shouldn't be long after you sign-up that you can start posting.

Nick Calandra:
All accounts are manually approved for now. So you won't get a confirmation email. I'm checking every couple hours, so it shouldn't be long after you sign-up that you can start posting.

On the off chance you missed it since it was right at the bottom of the last page:

Looks great, thus far, but it appears to lack a light theme (a la Discord's user options). I'm colour blind so it's murder on my eyes to *try* reading anything that's red/blue/purple.

So are there plans of implementing different themes (read: light just so I can actually read everything without getting a headache).

Apologies if this comes over as petulant.

SckizoBoy:

Nick Calandra:

On the off chance you missed it since it was right at the bottom of the last page:

Looks great, thus far, but it appears to lack a light theme (a la Discord's user options). I'm colour blind so it's murder on my eyes to *try* reading anything that's red/blue/purple.

So are there plans of implementing different themes (read: light just so I can actually read everything without getting a headache).

Apologies if this comes over as petulant.

If you can't wait, or it isn't implemented for some weird reason..
Try this addon:
https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/nosquint/

SckizoBoy:

Posted over there by Nick at 1PM: "Right now I'm having them work on the "Light" theme as someone on V1 pointed out they had issues with the current theme via their colorblindness. So we're adding that option in."

The Rogue Wolf:
Posted over there by Nick at 1PM: "Right now I'm having them work on the "Light" theme as someone on V1 pointed out they had issues with the current theme via their colorblindness. So we're adding that option in."

Yah, saw it as a reply to my post. And that was me both times, feel a bit of a jerk. Thanks for the notification nonetheless.

It's kind of annoying that we are being asked to move over to the new version of the forum but when we do, can't actually use it because we have to wait for approval.

Given that it is weekend it's unlikely that it'll happen to Monday for me. I hope not.

Edit: And oh god I'm going to have to start blocking people's animated .gif avatars all over again.

votemarvel:
It's kind of annoying that we are being asked to move over to the new version of the forum but when we do, can't actually use it because we have to wait for approval.

Given that it is weekend it's unlikely that it'll happen to Monday for me. I hope not.

Edit: And oh god I'm going to have to start blocking people's animated .gif avatars all over again.

I'm checking every few hours. You're already approved. Was done like 30 min after you signed up haha.

How do I get that neat little Legacy button going?

Johnny Novgorod:

That was asked and answered on the previous page. Post 32.

Looks like they have a 3 strikes and you're out ban system.

So this is interesting. Someone can be suspended here, but still be able to post over on the other forums.
Is that intentional?

Marik2:

Source?

Red Sentinel:

Johnny Novgorod:

That was asked and answered on the previous page. Post 32.

Thanks!

SolidState:

Marik2:

Source?

https://forums.escapistmagazine.com/threads/code-of-conduct-please-read-before-posting.15/

Bottom text:

"Currently you'll receive a warning on your account if you break a rule, and a second rule violation will result in a temporary-ban. A third will result in a perma-ban."

I'm wondering about how long should we be posting here, if we're to be making new threads on V2.

hanselthecaretaker:
I?m wondering about how long should we be posting here, if we?re to be making new threads on V2.

https://forums.escapistmagazine.com/threads/start-transitioning-from-v1-to-v2.48/

If thats not visible, last tuesday

Hey all,

So while V1 is going to remain up and online, soon it's going to be an archive site. So I'm going to advise that we start creating all new threads here going forward, because the more stuff we do over there, the more we will have to mess with moving over here at some point when the migration attempt happens.

I understand it's hard to let go of that old site, but if you want to make sure all your progress, content and history is saved, it needs to start going here.

Thanks!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.