So... Team Fortress.

Well yeah. Last night I dreamed I was playing Team Fortress 2, except neither I nor my subconscious really know anything about the game, which lead to me trying to cut apart a giant hippopotamus man while being attacked by a scary bobble-head.

I'm thinking about buying it, but I want to find what the game is really like, and I know I should just look up reviews of it, but it's more fun to read what a fan/hater of the game comes up with while surfing a forum as opposed to what a reviewer carefully plans out.

I know nothing about Team Fortress 2 that can't be gleaned from those "Meet the . . ." videos on Youtube. Just wanted to say that your dream version sounds AWESOME.

TF2 is free this weekend.

It's pretty great really. Though I think it should only be played in half hour bursts.

Flour:

You mean you get the whole game for free?

scobie:
I know nothing about Team Fortress 2 that can't be gleaned from those "Meet the . . ." videos on Youtube. Just wanted to say that your dream version sounds AWESOME.

To be honest, it was something of a nightmare. There I was, inocently killing a hippopotamus man, aboOH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL THE HUGE HEAD IT'S EVERYWHERE AT ONCE SAVE ME FROM HIS TERRYFIYING CHHIIIINNNN!!!

*Shudder*

Buy the whole orange box, it's definitely worth it.

It's awesome, even if you get a little tired of it sometimes it never really loses its appeal. It's complete havoc and mayhem, an all around good time. If you are an FPS fan I encourage you to buy it, it's free this weekend anyways so give it a try.

FluffX:

scobie:

To be honest, it was something of a nightmare. There I was, inocently killing a hippopotamus man, aboOH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL THE HUGE HEAD IT'S EVERYWHERE AT ONCE SAVE ME FROM HIS TERRYFIYING CHHIIIINNNN!!!

*Shudder*

Damn it, what you just said only made me want to play your dream version even more. There's no way the real thing can be as good as what's in my imagination right now. There's probably something wrong with me.

FluffX:

Flour:

http://www.teamfortress.com/sniper_vs_spy/

FluffX:

Flour:

For one weekend only.
Then you can choose to pay for it.
You'll lose the round first time so try soldier first.

Utarefson:

FluffX:

Flour:

http://www.teamfortress.com/sniper_vs_spy/

I love the world.

scobie:

*Snip*

Damn it, what you just said only made me want to play your dream version even more. There's no way the real thing can be as good as what's in my imagination right now. There's probably something wrong with me.

You can't play it though. All there is is your health meter falling and falling, with the whole screen obscured by... The Bobblehead.

I'm playing it as I'm typing this (ahhhh two computers). I haven't played a lot but I'm getting addicted very quickly.

mikecoulter:
It's pretty great really. Though I think it should only be played in half hour bursts.

Oh...I've been going for...3 hours already.

Major_Sam:
I'm playing it as I'm typing this (ahhhh two computers). I haven't played a lot but I'm getting addicted very quickly.

mikecoulter:

Oh...I've been going for...3 hours already.

Oh...I've been going for... oh wait. I've not been going. I can't play because I can't connect to the Steam servers. And the people I know that also have Steam and CAN connect, simply can't start TF2.
God dammit, Valve. Render us able to play games WITHOUT steam, for the love of jebus.

Go for it, TF2 is a pretty fun game that will drain hours from your life.

Orange box is defiantly worth it, but for some reason i just can't get into tf2, Just keep on wishing i could just get a ak and might as well just play Cs :).... I'm weird.

Here is the one review you should read, instead of the tens of reviews where the reviewer played for two weeks on public servers before writing because they were in a hurry to get the review out.
http://insomnia.ac/reviews/pc/teamfortress2/

All things considered, TF2 is an okay game if you want to go on public servers and shoot some people in a disorganized fashion. There's no reason to buy it alone for $20 when OB is $30 and TF2's share of the price comes down to $6, especially when the other OB titles are probably better than it.

TF2 is a challenge to get into for some, but totally rewarding

mikecoulter:

Half-hour bursts what? I play 2 or 3 hours at a time.

The Orange box is $20. I like TF2 and loved portal so I got my money's worth. Having said that, I hated all the half life games. I have no tolerance for trying to figure out which tunnel, door, hidden area I need to get to next and that's half the game.

A LAN-based non-steam TF2 fun time is all the rage now at lunchtime at the school computer lab here, now that someone has actually played it and has corrected his thinking in that it's 'cartoony crap'.

Pre-play-prejudicies are annoying.

Just get it. It's 20 bucks and it's a hell of a lot of fun.

It is my favorite multiplayer game to date, especially when you get a good bunch of people in a server.

Of course you should buy it.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked