Poll: -A Very Different Type Of Modern Warfare Post-

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Im a sucker for a good story, and ive heard MW's is really good but horrifically short... but how short?... Yes multiplayer may be very fun but i enjoyed bad companies as much as MW and never really liked the set up, ever when i was doing really well....

ATM i am deciding between, MW2, Bad company 2, and also heavy rain and MAG and iv already got Uncharted 2 before any1 suggests that...

So what do all you guys and girls think.

It's really short.. shorter then cod4

DAMMIT I didn't see the cats poll before I voted!

I'd say it isn't too short... its a little bit short I guess, but its very well constructed, and has excellent pacing.

Also, to be fair, the multiplayer aspect is what people really play the game for.

5-6 hours, so just one day. I played the online a bit, and sold it after 4 days. I'd rather have rented the game.

6 hours ish on hardened, first time adround. Significantly shorter on subsequent playthroughs.

8 hours normal

9 hours Veteran

But I like to stop and admire the scenery a lot.

I'm not overly sure how long it took me to complete but I like cats so that's what I chose!
The campaign has a pretty badass story and if you liked CoD4 then you'll probably like this. It is however, as mentioned above, really quite short =[

This is the first COD game I really got into the campaign and it took me between 4-5 hours on normal. I really should have completed COD4 - replaying through that one now!
I was quite surprised, it felt quite short overall, though some levels felt like they'd never end!

It's short but it seems to tick the right boxes. I generally enjoyed it. Bar those stupid Brazilian missions.

It took about 6 hours for me. The length was dissapointing, but it was still a good campaign. Plus there are a quiet a few missions I like to play again.

I really like cats. Especially when they have DEDICATED SERVERS
/rant.

I don't see why you need to choose between Modern Warfare 2 and Battlefeild 2. Battlefeild isn't coming out until next year, so just buy both.

1-3 hours. I played through the SP before I did anything else. It is a little short but the Specs Ops mode, MP, and a story that has more plot twists than if 24 was written by M. Night Shamalawn more than makes up for that in my opinion.

anyone who says 1-4 hours is wrong you can't beat it that fast even playing on easy because of the length of scripted events and having to blow through it on easy, it takes 4:30-7 hrs on normal and I don't know about hardened maybe 7-8hrs, and veteran is obviously a trial of patience and attrition.

5 hours.

I understand that the developers wanted to focus on the Multiplayer but Christ, you could at least make a half-decent campaign for a game that costs 60 fucking Dollars. Yeah, blah blah, blah multiplayer is good but so was Call of Duty 4's multiplayer and the campaign was still about 7 to 8 hours long.

Infinity Ward is really ripping the buyer. "Hey, pay 60 dollars for this! We have a 4 to 5 hour long campaign and the multiplayer almost identical with our last entry in the franchise appart from new perks! Pay, Pay, Pay!"

About 8 hours, but I played It on Hardened, it makes the experience that bit more viscreal. And who gives a fuck if its half the lenght of any other given game, if the content is 3 times better than any other given game aswell?
This game had a moment every level that would have made any other game, so I dont see what people are complaining about.

yay for cats

Took me 6 hours or so,but it was an amazing story so i wasnt THAT bothered

I'm going to say 5 hours total, but I could be wrong. I also played it on Hardened, so I couldn't blow through it quite as quickly.

KaiRai:
It's short but it seems to tick the right boxes. I generally enjoyed it. Bar those stupid Brazilian missions.

I HATE THOSE RIO MISSIONS!

cats ftw: at time of vote they are miles in the lead!

It was about 6-8 hours for me.

But I really enjoyed all of it, and it had some jaw dropping moments.

took me about 5 hours. but i played it again on veteran straight way, so if you count both times then probably 10 or 11. plus there's spec ops mode, but i haven't got anyone to play with on that yet so not really bothering with it.

Chameliondude:
Im a sucker for a good story, and ive heard MW's is really good but horrifically short... but how short?... Yes multiplayer may be very fun but i enjoyed bad companies as much as MW and never really liked the set up, ever when i was doing really well....

ATM i am deciding between, MW2, Bad company 2, and also heavy rain and MAG and iv already got Uncharted 2 before any1 suggests that...

So what do all you guys and girls think.

I found it to be really short, and if you really liked the first game's experience I would avoid this game.

The story is absurd and schizophrenic (in my opinion). Where as I found the first game believable, well told, and coherent. I also developed sentiment for my avatars in the first game. I MW2 I basically I found myself completely disconnected from my avatars, and getting up to get another drink during the loading/cut scenes.

I'd wait for Bad Company 2 if you want a game for fun multi-player, and if you're looking for a game with a good single-player get AC2 (it's been a ton of fun so far).

Took about 5 hours 40 minutes to beat on normal, but with the spec. ops. there might be 10 - 11 single player hours in it on normal. Veteran takes considerably longer though.

What little there is is great though, and I can see this becoming a replay-every-six-months affair. But if one's only in it for the single player, there's no getting around that it's fairly expensive.

took me just over four hours. But there is alot of replay value to this game. There's pretty much no filler and every mission is fun (although the british missions are the best by far) so you will probably get at least two playthroughs out of the game.

3:55 is what it took to beat (with lots of deaths). So I'm sure I can now speed run it in2:30.

5 hours and 3 minutes.

And 46 seconds.

Around 6 hours personally on normal, and I died a lot.

As for the substance of the campaign, it does seem to move very quickly from location to location. That said, I think that if certain areas were much longer, then the certain areas would seem arbitrarily long and under-substansitive in nature. I would say this it is definately entertaining and is well done in terms of events and plot. Keep in mind, a Michael Bay movie is considered the low-bar for a movie which contains plot.

6-7 hours first time playthru on hardened

5-6 hours on veteran after i knew what i was doing, strategies, etc.

It's extremely short. The story was certainly amazing, but the campaign won't last you longer than a couple days if you're an avid gamer.

I beat the game in about four hours.

The story is sufficent to drag you along from set-piece to set-piece and keep you going in the frustrating segments, but has it's share of problems in retrospect. A specific character's motivation for his actions are hardly clear at the end of the game. One may understand why they would do something drastic, but the avenue chosen ruins any hope of the explanation making any sense to me.

In general, the game is NOT worth purchasing for it's single player content - there simply isn't enough there to justify the price tag.

I did not play it. And i like cats quite a lot. But it'd take approximately 5 hours for me.

Cats has taken all our base! Still like 'em though.

Wow, i jus got an average of 5 hours 27 minutes, Uncharted 2 took me roughly 12-15 hours, almos 2.5x more, but everyone likes cats at least

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked