Decent Wii games that DON'T use the Nunchuk.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I got a Wii, and a bunch of great games, but sometimes, I just really don't wanna use the fucking nunchuk, like when I'm tired and wanna just lie down on the couch and play with one hand pointed at the screen and a drink in the other. The only decent/good game I have that doesn't use it is Dragon Quest: Swords. Which is a rail-SLASHER.

Basically, looking for one handed games, or purely turn-based games.

EDIT: Fuck. Wrong board.

SSBB. Just use a gamecube controller or remote on its side (this is slightly awkward)

well, mario kart wii doesn't need one, as does brawl not require one, but you also need two hands to play those.

Saul B:
SSBB. Just use a gamecube controller or remote on its side (this is slightly awkward)

robert632:
well, mario kart wii doesn't need one, as does brawl not require one, but you also need two hands to play those.

Yeah. Pretty much looking for one-handers. And Brawl is STILL 50 USD.

Endless Ocean.

Technically not a one handed but Bit Trip. Beat. (Wiiware)

Wii sports, Wii sports resort (both have one handed games), WiiPlay.

That's all I know of.

Onyx Oblivion:

Saul B:

robert632:

well if your looking for one handers there's...ummm cooking mama? yeah if you're looking for games with a decent single player, you might be shit outta luck, unless the rail shooters don't use the nunchuck(i think umbrella chronicles uses the nunchuck, but others i'm not sure about.). if you're not looking for a single player game, then you're choices are game that gets boring in about 2 minutes A and game that gets boring in about 2 minutes B. or wii sports.

robert632:

Onyx Oblivion:

Saul B:

robert632:

well if your looking for one handers there's...ummm cooking mama? yeah if you're looking for games with a decent single player, you might be shit outta luck, unless the rail shooters don't use the nunchuck(i think umbrella chronicles uses the nunchuck, but others i'm not sure about.). if you're not looking for a single player game, then you're choices are game that gets boring in about 2 minutes A and game that gets boring in about 2 minutes B. or wii sports.

Fuck it all then. I'll just stick to slashing things when I'm tired, then.

Unless...what if I have my kitten use the nunchuk for me?

Look for some nice WiiWare Downloads. Like The Strongbad Series, Tales of Monkeys series.
Retail Games-House of the Dead Overkill*. Warioware Smooth Moves*, Wario Land Shake it,Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing* Super Monkey Ball (warning, this game is hard) Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mariokart All I can think of for now. Zack and Wiki

*-Optional
bold-recently added

Mario Kart Wii?

Also Zack and Wiki. I got it for £15. You should be able to do the same. Excellent point-and-click adventure.

What about Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance or whatnot. It's my friends favorite game. I've never played it, but I watched him play it and it's turn based strategy. Good story, too.

Onyx Oblivion:
I got a Wii, and a bunch of great games, but sometimes, I just really don't wanna use the fucking nunchuk, like when I'm tired and wanna just lie down on the couch and play with one hand pointed at the screen and a drink in the other. The only decent/good game I have that doesn't use it is Dragon Quest: Swords. Which is a rail-SLASHER.

Boom Blox, (I don't know if you want rail games but) Dead Space: Extraction, House Of The Dead: Overkill, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, Zack & Wiki (point and click) and....

That's all I can think of for now.

Mercury Meltdown Revolution. You don't even have to point at the screen; just tilt the controller to move the board around. It was about 20$ when it was released. I don't know how cheap it is now. I think Marble Saga also uses a similar control scheme, but I haven't actually played that one.

New Super Mario Brothers Wii.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Although I can't guarantee that you will like it.

I'll second Wario Ware and Fire Emblem. Both are pretty good.

ChromeAlchemist:

Onyx Oblivion:

Boom Blox, (I don't know if you want rail games but) Dead Space: Extraction, House Of The Dead: Overkill, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, Zack & Wiki (point and click) and....

That's all I can think of for now.

no no no. i DO want rail games. i do. i was just pointing out that DQ was a rail-slasher

You lost me at Decent Wii Games.

My suggestion, throw it out and get a PS3 or an Xbox if your desperate.

Virtual Console has quite a few games, other than that I think you're stuck with New Super Mario Bros Wii and Mario Kart Wii.

You'd be lucky to find a one-handed game on any console, never mind a decent one on the wii. Still, I did here about a stratery (I think) game, name of Batalion Wars 2, (I probably spelled that wrong) that was aparantly very good. (even though it sold like shit, so... Good luck finding it.)
(God, there's a lot of brackets in this post!)

almightywabbit:

Really was that necessary? Haven't we got past the point of taking the piss out the Wii and help the guy?

Anyway

House of the dead€: overkill

If you have the gun add on then it is pure and utter, mindless fun.

The Rockerfly:

almightywabbit:

Really was that necessary? Haven't we got past the point of taking the piss out the Wii and help the guy?

Anyway

Oh you misunderstand, I'm not taking the piss out of it, hell it takes the piss out of itself enough for me to aid it along. In essence, I'm saying that its a crap console and that he should sell it on to pay for something he'd no doubt get more of a use on then playing the same 2 games over and over and over.

He'll thank me for it later.

Off the top of my head, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is a fun and turn based strategy game, though it can be quite difficult.

almightywabbit:

The Rockerfly:

almightywabbit:

Anyway

Oh you misunderstand, I'm not taking the piss out of it, hell it takes the piss out of itself enough for me to aid it along. In essence, I'm saying that its a crap console and that he should sell it on to pay for something he'd no doubt get more of a use on then playing the same 2 games over and over and over.

Believe me, I'm not selling this. You see, I never had a Gamecube/N64/SNES/NES. So, I've got a lot of catching up to do. The GC re-release of Ocarina of Time is a good place to start. After all, Ocarina of Time is hailed by many to be the BEST GAME OF ALL TIME. Thank god to GC compatibility. This thread is for Wii games that I can play when I'm lazy and tired. And I have a 360.

Onyx Oblivion:

almightywabbit:

The Rockerfly:

almightywabbit:

Anyway

Believe me, I'm not selling this. You see, I never had a Gamecube/N64/SNES/NES. So, I've got a lot of catching up to do. The GC re-release of Ocarina of Time is a good place to start. After all, Ocarina of Time is hailed by many to be the BEST GAME OF ALL TIME. Thank god to GC compatibility. This thread is for Wii games that I can play when I'm lazy and tired.

Such a waste of good taste.

The nintendo's good nature ends with the Wii. Sorry, but you made a bad choise. Good luck anyway.

resident evil: the umbrella/Darkside chronicles.

almightywabbit:

Onyx Oblivion:

almightywabbit:

The Rockerfly:

almightywabbit:

Anyway

Believe me, I'm not selling this. You see, I never had a Gamecube/N64/SNES/NES. So, I've got a lot of catching up to do. The GC re-release of Ocarina of Time is a good place to start. After all, Ocarina of Time is hailed by many to be the BEST GAME OF ALL TIME. Thank god to GC compatibility. This thread is for Wii games that I can play when I'm lazy and tired.

The nintendo's good nature ends with the Wii. Sorry, but you made a bad choise. Good luck anyway.

You did catch the edit where I said I have a 360, right?

Now I just need the PS3. But I won't get it because 95% of the best games are on the 360 AND PS3.

Onyx Oblivion:

almightywabbit:

Onyx Oblivion:

almightywabbit:

The Rockerfly:

almightywabbit:

Anyway

You did catch the edit where I said I have a 360, right?

Now I just need the PS3. But I won't get it because 95% of the best games are on the 360 AND PS3.

Fair point, but I still don't see the appeal of the Wii, the GC compatability is a plus, but thats where it ends for me, Mario Kart and SSBB are just passing fancies for me and I can't imagine how they differ from other games of their type outside of Mario and the other Nintendo characters, besides, the GC had Melee.

almightywabbit:

Oh course there'd be one of these people in a Wii thread. Why bother posting if you can't help.

Guilty Gear XX A core + can be played with the GC Controller.
Super Smash Bros Brawl(GC), Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 3(GC),

UncleUlty:
Off the top of my head, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is a fun and turn based strategy game, though it can be quite difficult.

I still need to get it but, iv only heard good things about it.

And that's really all i can think of right now.
If i think of anything else ill post an edit.

almightywabbit:

He'll thank me for it later.[/quote]

Now you're just trolling, think that someone else might have different preferences before you go on to another Wii thread because you're not helping.

Aura Guardian:

almightywabbit:

Oh course there'd be one of these people in a Wii thread. Why bother posting if you can't help.

I refer you to the first person who pointed this out, I really can't be bothered to deal with this twice in one thread.

And yes, I am one of those people. Its called sense. Sense not to fund Nintendo with the means to continue their remakes of Mario.

Hes a friggen plumber, not Jesus.

Wingman11:
What about Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance or whatnot. It's my friends favorite game. I've never played it, but I watched him play it and it's turn based strategy. Good story, too.

Fuck, I've played that game through fifteen times already and still haven't got bored of it... but my bastard brother traded it in!

almightywabbit:

Aura Guardian:

almightywabbit:

I refer you to the first person who pointed this out, I really can't be bothered to deal with this twice in one thread.

And yes, I am one of those people. Its called sense. Sense not to fund Nintendo with the means to continue their remakes of Mario.

Hes a friggen plumber, not Jesus.

Nintendo got me into gaming, so I will continue to fund Nintendo. And actually, Mario brought gaming back. So, yes. He's video game's Jesus.

almightywabbit:

He wasn't asking if you thought the Wii had any good games, he was asking for game suggestions for the Wii.

There is really no need for this kind of thing, if you cant or wont post a answer that deals with the topic then dont post.

The Rockerfly:

Now you're just trolling, think that someone else might have different preferences before you go on to another Wii thread because you're not helping.

Eugh, I've touched the nerves of the pedantic fanboy's.

Yeah... I might agree people have different preferences, but hey! So do I. Amazing right? I see the Wii as nothing but a worthless piece of plastic forever sitting in my sister's cupboard waiting for the enivitable selling.

Sorry if I'm not helping, but I don't see the need, nor want, to help this pathetic excuse for a console.

Later.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked