Image of a bowman creeping up on animals inside a jungle in Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora.
Image via Ubisoft

Best Skills to Get First in Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora

With five skill trees available, players can build their Na’vi in different ways to improve their odds in combat or craft better items. Below is our guide to the best skills to get first in Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora.

Recommended Videos

Best Skills to Get First in Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora

Including the Ancestral abilities of the Sarentu, the five skill trees offer several good improvements to your Na’vi and even your Ikran. Each path specializes in a specific area: One grants combat-focused passives to improve damage output or ammunition, and another focuses on unlocking boons to increase meal buffs and crafting quality. 

Choosing which skills to go for can be daunting without knowing what works best in Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora. To help you, the following will reveal the best skills to go for first in each tree based on my time playing the game before launch:

Memories of the Hunter

• Lightfooted Hunter I/II: The first level makes your steps while crouching make no noise, and the second level makes even running noiseless.
  • Silent Destroyer: Allows you to stealth kill enemies with armored weak points.  

Memories of the Warrior

• Well Prepared: Unlocks a fourth slot in your weapon wheel.
  • Longbow Expert: Each hit from a fully drawn Longbow adds +25% damage to the next shot and can stack up to three times.
  • Extra Ammo I/II: The first level allows you to carry twice as much regular ammo for arrows, spears, and firearm rounds. The second level will double the carry limit for all special ammo.

Related: Frontiers of Pandora Has Avatar’s Thrills, But Suffers as an Open World Game [Review]

Memories of the Survivor

• Elemental Knowledge: Deal +25% damage to enemies with an active status effect.
  • Vigor I/II: Both levels will increase your base energy by 50%. 

Memories of the Maker

• Renowned Crafter: All Na’vi crafting experts will entrust you with their best materials.
  • Connoisseur I/II: The first level increases the effect of cooked food buffs, and the second level improves the duration of buffs.

Memories of the Rider

• Flying Takedown: While flying your Ikran, you can take down RDA Scorpions and Samsons while they’re staggered in the air.
  • Improved Energy: Your Ikran’s energy increases by 20%.

Due to the web-like nature of the skill trees, you’ll have to unlock other skills before getting the ones I’ve listed above, so prepare to invest a lot of skill points throughout the game.

Can You Respec Your Skill Trees in Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora?

Unfortunately, once you’ve used your skill points, you won’t be able to get them back. Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora doesn’t have a respec feature to allow you to reuse those points, either. 

Be sure of what skills you want to aim for because, depending on what paths you focus on, it could take a while to fill out others. Fortunately, you’ll be able to get all the skills you want from naturally playing the game and finding Sarentu collectibles, but as expected, this will take a long time.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article How to Recruit Watch Members for Ymir in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
Screenshot of recruitable members in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Read Article Monopoly GO Boardwalk Bonanza Rewards, Milestones, & Free Dice Rolls
monopoly go friends
Read Article How to Activate the Shrine in Northern Forest in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
Screenshot of the switch in Northern Forest in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Related Content
Read Article How to Recruit Watch Members for Ymir in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
Screenshot of recruitable members in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Read Article Monopoly GO Boardwalk Bonanza Rewards, Milestones, & Free Dice Rolls
monopoly go friends
Read Article How to Activate the Shrine in Northern Forest in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
Screenshot of the switch in Northern Forest in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes.
Author
Anthony Jones
Anthony is a Strategic Content Writer for the The Escapist and an RPG nerd in love with retro games and the evolution of modern gaming. He has over two years experience as a games reporter with words at IGN, Game Informer, Distractify, Twinfinite, MMOBomb, and elsewhere. More than anything, Anthony loves to talk your ear off about JRPGs that changed his childhood (which deserve remakes) and analyzing the design behind beloved titles.