Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 . . . 929 NEXT

Crashito:
Ok, I´m sorry if I´m violating any forum rules but this is the only place I found that I maay be able to find this game that has been driving me crazy since like forever

I remember this was a game cube or playstation 2 game (not very sure) also I think it was a demo (not very sure either) It was a strategy game, you could pick up cubes and drop them in diferent shapes, this would create diferent weapons, if you used a certain combination it would create replicas of yourself (those were like your little soldiers), you could even make tanks and there was a way to make "your little soldiers" smart so they would work by themselves.

That sounds like Team Buddies.

kingzeno:
Ok, so it is a PC game that i think was released before the 2000's. You are in a tank with limited ammo(rockets,lasers,toxic gas) and need to search an island full of dinosaurs (and some aliens) for a way to disarm a nuclear bomb before island blows up. The gameplay is point and click style where you collect artefacts with a robotic arm from inside the tank and the environment was a jungle,swamp,rocky area,volcano or a temple. As a side note the intro was a real-life commander telling you about the mission.

After a couple of hours of google-ing, i managed to remember the name of the game:
It's name was "Maabus", great game.

I don't remember how the game started but I know you can leave the main part of the game and get on a boat, you tell the man on the boat what other island or area you want to go to. I know that there is a rundown fair/carnival area. A mansion with lots of enemies in it. And I think there is an island with cannibals.
I don't know what system I played this game on but I think its been 5+ years since I've played it.

The main enemies might be zombies or something like that.

It's not much to go on but I hope someone can help me. Thank you

update: Its a 3D game, pretty sure it was 3rd person POV. I think its like Alan Wake gameplay. Survival horror maybe?

Hello, can you help me find the name of this PS1 game, first its a 2d platformer type of game where you control an African child who collects drops of water laying around. anyone can help me find it's name?

UPDATE: Nevermind guys, found it at last
it's name is KIRIKOU, what a game it is.

asd126:
hello guys, im trying to remember a game that i was playing long time ago... around the 2000's.
in this game you are a blue aircraft looks like a hellcat cant remember if this is the exact plane but all i remember is that it had 5 levels and on the beginning of each level you had to take off from your ship and land in the end of it by flying through couple of "guiding" circles that should help you to land successfully. i remember the pilot was talking and even swearing sometimes . at the end of every level u had a boss that you should kill, you could kill other planes and anti air to get health and new weapons for your plane. enemies are tagged with a red box. i remember that in the first level you had that blue plane that i was talking about but each level you had different plane i guess... ohh and the first level u flew above an ocean i believe.
this game was 3D and u could fly only with 3rd person view, i also remember some keys:

a= increase your plane flight speed
z= decrease your plane flight speed
shift = fire some missiles that has black smoke
arrow keys = fly to different directions
space = to fire (im not sure)

this is all what i remember guys please help me to find it thanks :D

guys maybe some help pls? ^^

I have been trying to find this game for more years than I care to admit, since I played it when I was very young and very vaguely remember it (I have tracked down almost every other game I have wanted due to research, this one does not exist).

Just for a teeny bit of backstory, I remember playing this on my old Gateway PC around the time I was playing Motocross Madness, Uniracers, and something like RC Cars/ReVolt (don't remember exactly). I had thought maybe this ring based puzzle game was from a cereal box, or from a flash website, but our internet was on a 26.4k connection and I doubt I did that as a kid... but I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated.

Platform(s): PC

Genre: Puzzle

Estimated year of release: 1990's

Graphics/art style: Top-down puzzle game with multicolored rings

Notable gameplay mechanics: I believe the background is sort of brownish, and you have specific grids for the colored rings to follow. I think it started off basic, such as giving you one color at first, and you either have a set number of moves with which to arrange the rings in a certain way or cause them to line up and disappear...

Edit: The closest thing I have ever been able to find is this app game on Google Play. I have even tried emailing the creator to see if they were inspired by any other games like it. Thank you all.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.happysky.ringsthink

I am trying to remember a game, for windows 95 I believe, maybe 98. It was a first person Sci-Fi time travle-ish game in which the beginning cut-scene tells about a city that is floating in the sky. Then you are in your apartment in this city, you can go in your living room and change the walls to different types of scenery, from space, to mountains, etc. Then you go outside your apartment and something happens and the city explodes. Another part of the game is on a different planet, maybe mars, you dock your ship and then get out and are walking down a corridor and a robot walks past you down the hall. You follow him to find that he is in a control room typing away on on computer. If you run across the robots path at any time he kills you. Yet, another part of the game involves trying to stop the same robot from assassinating a scientist at a convention. You are in the rafters above the stage and you have to shoot the robot before he kills the scientist.

A few more details that may help. While the game was first person, you could only make one move at a time. Step forward, step back, turn left or right.

Also, if you died the game would show a drawn image of how you died in an orange or red comic book style picture. Some of the ways you could die was the robot shooting you through the stomach, having your skin melted by radiation.

I want to say the game was called "something" - man. Like jump man or something to that effect, but maybe not.

If anyone could help that would be great because I never finished the game and I want to know how it ends.

asd126:

asd126:
hello guys, im trying to remember a game that i was playing long time ago... around the 2000's.
in this game you are a blue aircraft looks like a hellcat cant remember if this is the exact plane but all i remember is that it had 5 levels and on the beginning of each level you had to take off from your ship and land in the end of it by flying through couple of "guiding" circles that should help you to land successfully. i remember the pilot was talking and even swearing sometimes . at the end of every level u had a boss that you should kill, you could kill other planes and anti air to get health and new weapons for your plane. enemies are tagged with a red box. i remember that in the first level you had that blue plane that i was talking about but each level you had different plane i guess... ohh and the first level u flew above an ocean i believe.
this game was 3D and u could fly only with 3rd person view, i also remember some keys:

a= increase your plane flight speed
z= decrease your plane flight speed
shift = fire some missiles that has black smoke
arrow keys = fly to different directions
space = to fire (im not sure)

this is all what i remember guys please help me to find it thanks :D

guys maybe some help pls? ^^

Have you had a look at "Heroes of the Pacific" (2005) yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkB4oYvze8A&list=PL3E21CACF91CB9C79

MetalBrian:
I am trying to remember a game, for windows 95 I believe, maybe 98. It was a first person Sci-Fi time travle-ish game in which the beginning cut-scene tells about a city that is floating in the sky. Then you are in your apartment in this city, you can go in your living room and change the walls to different types of scenery, from space, to mountains, etc. Then you go outside your apartment and something happens and the city explodes. Another part of the game is on a different planet, maybe mars, you dock your ship and then get out and are walking down a corridor and a robot walks past you down the hall. You follow him to find that he is in a control room typing away on on computer. If you run across the robots path at any time he kills you. Yet, another part of the game involves trying to stop the same robot from assassinating a scientist at a convention. You are in the rafters above the stage and you have to shoot the robot before he kills the scientist.

A few more details that may help. While the game was first person, you could only make one move at a time. Step forward, step back, turn left or right.

Also, if you died the game would show a drawn image of how you died in an orange or red comic book style picture. Some of the ways you could die was the robot shooting you through the stomach, having your skin melted by radiation.

I want to say the game was called "something" - man. Like jump man or something to that effect, but maybe not.

If anyone could help that would be great because I never finished the game and I want to know how it ends.

It's most likely a game out of the "Journeyman Project" series, probably the first one.

http://www.gog.com/game/journeyman_project_1_pegasus_prime_the

I live in Scotland, and when I was a kid we had some real obscure educational games on the school computers.
One in particular I remember REALLY liking was some sort of fantasy adventure. You played a woman, some sort of warrior, who had to go and kill a dragon. You were given an image that acted as the level, like a huge image of a castle, and you needed to find one item on every screen to progress.
Once you had the item you used it later in the game, and you went through every level getting one item at a time until the halfway point, when you got to use the items. Like you find a candle, and then you go into a dark maze. Or when you find the dragon, you already have a book that acts as a human-dragon translation guide, so you can talk to it.
Of course, being that it was a kid's game, in the end the dragon and the warrior girl become friends and the whole kingdom celebrates. That's all I remember, but for whatever reason I also remember REALLY loving it as a kid. I have no idea what the hell it was, who made it, when it came out, or anything like that. I don't even remember all of the puzzles. I was very young when I played it, about 4 years old maybe.
All I can offer is what I've already said. Warrior girl, PC game, dragon, collecting an item every level, kid's game. Anyone got any idea?

Oh great. All this talk of old games reminded me of one.

Windows or possibly MS-DOS. Played it at least eight years ago, and it might've been old at that point. Was obscure even back in the day, don't remember anyone talking about it.

First- or third-person scifi adventure, possibly with some puzzle and action adventure elements. You were on a... circular space station (or ship?), near some alien planet. The game started with some kind of an accident (crashed spacecraft?), and you were ordered to visit the medical. I think the protagonist was a security officer, or something similar. There were a lot of NPCs, all with autonomous schedules. Which often made it difficult to find the characters you're looking for, since they went around the ship performing various tasks.

There were multiple disasters happening at once, and it was up to you to stop it. The station would explode (sabotage?), crash into the sun, etc. The difficulty level felt harsh: you'd often die without having any idea of what happened.

EDIT: Never mind, found it. Sentient (1997). That took some intense Googling...

Hey guys, there's a game I've been trying to figure out for years now.

It was a fixed-perspective (I want to say isometric?) hack-and-slash dungeon-crawler game. I had the demo when I was a kid (so probably late 90s, maybe early 00s), and I remember running into a big room with huge amounts of spiders and other baddies, and I distinctly remember the character I picked saying, in a sing-song voice, "Perfectionnnnn, is hereeeee". That one quote has haunted me for a decade and a half.

I think it was basically a clone of Diablo and those sorts of games, but I've never been able to find it!

Hey everyone there is a game I've been trying to find, I used to play it ages ago
Est time: 1990 - 2005
So heres what I remember, you start underground (I believe it was an old crypt? I could be majorly wrong) anyway once you awaken some spiders appeared which you had to kill them, after that you explored a little bit and after a bit you leave, once above ground you kill stuff, after that all I remember is there being a castle and you had to go in an arena and defeat a massive boss

Sorry if it's not clear enough or my time range is off

Could access a console if that helps? *cough cough* cheats *cough cough*

Dave Davey:
Hey guys, there's a game I've been trying to figure out for years now.

It was a fixed-perspective (I want to say isometric?) hack-and-slash dungeon-crawler game. I had the demo when I was a kid (so probably late 90s, maybe early 00s), and I remember running into a big room with huge amounts of spiders and other baddies, and I distinctly remember the character I picked saying, in a sing-song voice, "Perfectionnnnn, is hereeeee". That one quote has haunted me for a decade and a half.

I think it was basically a clone of Diablo and those sorts of games, but I've never been able to find it!

I haven't tested it (and I don't have an English version), but to me that sounds like something, the Seraphim of "Sacred" (2004) would say, haha.

http://www.gog.com/game/sacred_gold

smoothest:
Please help me, I am going insane looking for this game.
I played it when I was a kid, like 13 years ago maybe.
It was an fps, a horror fps game on PC. The game started in a dark room, I remember it wasn't simple to go out of that room. Rock walls and poor sources of light. But you were able to see all the environment. OK so when you went out of that room, you were carrying a gun, and I think this is the key to know the game, the gun was a disc throwing weapon, like the Razorjack in Unreal Series, but it throws a discus like a carbide tipped blade. Soon after going out of that room you are on a corridor and you encounter the first enemies, they were pretty hard for me to hit them because those enemies were small, like spiders or so... I don't remember. I remember I had to press the "End" key or something like that to aim down and shoot those enemies. And after that I remember a big enemy tall as the player and you could cut its limbs with the projectiles, even the head if you aim for it. I cant remember how this enemy looked like but It was horror themed I think. So that is all. Btw there were no sprites, all 3d modeling. A 90ish fps game. I need to play it. Thanks!

I found it. It was a demo of "Chasm the rift". Im guessing nobody saw my post anyways. Bye.

okay i need help finding a game.
it was an online game played on a browser, 3D, basically a little kids game.
i really enjoyed playing it but cant remember the name of the website it was.
it was a virtual world type game where you pick and animal type thing and then you go on quests around the town.

I've been looking through the internet for a long time but still can't come up with anything decent. I remember playing this game maybe sometime within the early 2000's but I'm not quite sure. It was a PC game, likely an rpg, and you would begin in what I believe was a castle? Or mansion? It was definitely dark though. And you could pick and name your weapon which was actually sentient and had an ego(?) rating and would talk to you. I remember very little about it, but I believe the weapon's name and image was displayed in a bar at the bottom of the screen together with other information... I know this is vague but I'm hoping someone can help me... I originally sought this game occasionally over the years but still turned up with nothing.

Katt Hilton:
okay i need help finding a game.
it was an online game played on a browser, 3D, basically a little kids game.
i really enjoyed playing it but cant remember the name of the website it was.
it was a virtual world type game where you pick and animal type thing and then you go on quests around the town.

Sounds like neopets?
http://www.neopets.com/

Soenatte:
I've been looking through the internet for a long time but still can't come up with anything decent. I remember playing this game maybe sometime within the early 2000's but I'm not quite sure. It was a PC game, likely an rpg, and you would begin in what I believe was a castle? Or mansion? It was definitely dark though. And you could pick and name your weapon which was actually sentient and had an ego(?) rating and would talk to you. I remember very little about it, but I believe the weapon's name and image was displayed in a bar at the bottom of the screen together with other information... I know this is vague but I'm hoping someone can help me... I originally sought this game occasionally over the years but still turned up with nothing.

Gorasul: Legacy of the Dragon, perhaps?

Hi, people!

The game I'm after was launched probably between 1990 and 2000. I've been looking for it all over the web and could not find a single screenshot.

The game was turn-based and was Warcraft-like. You start by seeing just a small part of a map and you have a few characters (no more than 5, if I remember right) and you start building houses. The scenery is a forest, from which you can gather wood by cutting trees and meat by killing animals.

As years pass by, you're able to build more complex things, like farms (I remember those were basically yellow squares), warehouses, etc.

There were snow storms too.

Do you remember something like that?

I can't remember this one game I played in the late 90s. It worked on Windows 95/98 I think. It was on a CD called 1001 or 101 games or something like that. In the game, you could be a purple, red, green, or yellow(?) witch/wizard--but purple is the default when playing one player. The gist of the game was that you have cauldrons that explode and kill monsters or break rocks that have potions or extra lives (hearts) in them. The potions could give you special powers (I think stuff like fire). The game setup was a maze sort of thing (I think 2-D) and you had to be careful not to kill yourself when the cauldron you set down exploded. There are different levels. I've been searching for this game for years. PLEASE HELP!!

There was this one game I can't seem to find anywhere on the internet. I remember playing it at my cousin's house back in the 90s. It was a game where you use this white glove to select things, I remember there being a flashlight you had to pick up with the glove and use. I remember there being stars on the walls, It was a point and click type of game that was either on SNES or Genesis. I always thought it looked like Sonic's hand, no idea why.

There was also this other game, it was a NBA game or some type of Basketball game, it was 3d, and I remember that every time you press pause and unpause there would be these things floating around everywhere (like little round ovals, or spheres with words in them). Not sure what system it was on. But it was a game from the 90s as well that I also played at my cousin's house around the same time I played the other game.

The third game is of some Adventure type game that was on N64. I think it might be Banjo Kazooie or Banjo Tooie but I'm not sure. I remember one character in particular wore headphones and had long hair and glasses or shades on, and he would be doing the moonwalk back and forth, I believe it was either a quest giver or shop keeper or something.

And lastly, I remember playing this game back in 2005. It was a space mining type of game, with different shaped ores you mine for. They were different colors and shapes and you had to defend your base and stuff like that. It was semi-3d, and it took place on a rocky type of planet with a base and everything. The game came pre-installed on a Gateway PC.

WWCE:
I can't remember this one game I played in the late 90s. It worked on Windows 95/98 I think. It was on a CD called 1001 or 101 games or something like that. In the game, you could be a purple, red, green, or yellow(?) witch/wizard--but purple is the default when playing one player. The gist of the game was that you have cauldrons that explode and kill monsters or break rocks that have potions or extra lives (hearts) in them. The potions could give you special powers (I think stuff like fire). The game setup was a maze sort of thing (I think 2-D) and you had to be careful not to kill yourself when the cauldron you set down exploded. There are different levels. I've been searching for this game for years. PLEASE HELP!!

This Bomberman clone is called "Fracas" (1996).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgREO7O_nzE

I Remember playing this web game a couple years ago, but i cant remember it. You played as this stick man and you had to kill zombies, vampires, and mummies with a pistol, and basecelly everything was black. someone know this please. i want to relive childhood memories.

I'm not sure if any of you know this game but it's been bugging me lately can't get out of my head its a maze with ice levels, snakes with grass levels, bombs and this character is going around collecting stuff any ideas? similar to Bomberman used to play on PC

I'm looking for an old game i played as a kid. it's from the mid 90s i believe.

The game takes place in England and Wales. You play a lord and you have two goals, either conquer the realm or gather all the dragon slaying gear and slay the dragon in Wales. You build your village and castle, travel around england and go to tournaments where you can joust and fight in the melee. By winning the tournaments you gain gold and if you want to you can dedicate your wins to a lady and in time marry her.
When you attack someones castle the game switches to a first person perspective where you walk around the castle with some of your men and try to kill all of the enemy lords soldiers.

I can't remember much else about the game but i know it's not Defender of the Crown or Lords of the realm.

Asengoth:

The game takes place in England and Wales. You play a lord and you have two goals, either conquer the realm or gather all the dragon slaying gear and slay the dragon in Wales. You build your village and castle, travel around england and go to tournaments where you can joust and fight in the melee. By winning the tournaments you gain gold and if you want to you can dedicate your wins to a lady and in time marry her.
When you attack someones castle the game switches to a first person perspective where you walk around the castle with some of your men and try to kill all of the enemy lords soldiers.

I can't remember much else about the game but i know it's not Defender of the Crown or Lords of the realm.

That's "Conqueror A.D. 1086" (1995)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy9N1Pj3p58

Pixelhunter:

Asengoth:

That's "Conqueror A.D. 1086" (1995)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy9N1Pj3p58

Thanks!

Um hi I played this game i don't
remember when
It was a flash game I guess like it was
on PC but it
Wasn't like GTA it was on like a
website anyways iI remember
I being like u are in a house and then
like u walk around it
And there's like this alien I'm
pretty sure hopefully somebody
Knows the game 😐 cuz I've been trying to
remember it for
Soooooo long

I remember a game on windows 3.1 i believe it was a top down shooter on a grid you started out on the bottom and your enemies started at the top. At some point they would follow you and begin shooting the speed would increase as you completed each level. This is killing me!!!

Bruce234:
I remember a game on windows 3.1 i believe it was a top down shooter on a grid you started out on the bottom and your enemies started at the top. At some point they would follow you and begin shooting the speed would increase as you completed each level. This is killing me!!!

"Alien Force" (1990)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNvQLOEzBmM

Hi All

I got memories of a game on windows, like late 90's.
It was of a warrior who wakes up in a bed with a princess I think, and had the chance to hit her and some guards came to take you off and the game ended, or you could go to a training room, where it was a girl I suppose training in a boxing ring and could fight with her. Thats all I remember, pls help me its making me crazy !!

Hey!

When i was little, i played some kind of andventure (horror maybe?) game. The games theme was dark, if i remember right. In the loading screen/menu, there was a candle and eyeball. :D The game was on PS1

So I saw an old game in a video and can't remember what it was called.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjPH29GiafI

at 8:47 theres a guy and a girl with wings in a cave. Does anyone know what game this is?

Hey guys, created an account because this has been bothering me so much...I've suddenly remembered a game I played when I was a kid, I think it was set in Australia but not sure and it may have came with a textbook or it was definitely one of those educational games

You started out as a young boy (This is a point and click game and they recorded it in real life so it wasn't animated), and your brother is sick and you have to find a cure for him (I think they were berries)

I don't remember much but these are the details:
1) You have to first get dressed by clicking open the brown drawers in your room and finding your clothes
2) There is one scene of a sandbox and you have to dig through the sandbox to find a bone so you can distract a dog
3) You travel the outback on your bike
4) You trade something with a local
5) At the end, you go home and you turn the tap on to fill up some water to give to your brother

It sounds weird but it was such a fun game, but it's been ages and my parents threw out the CD's we used to own :(

Pages PREV 1 . . . 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 . . . 929 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here