Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 . . . 924 NEXT

Hey guys!
I can't remember the name of a game i used to play at school on computers (i was 8 yo i think). I can't really remember all things but i know there was a damaged ship, a "young" boy and a bad guy with a long hat and red eyes (ghost like so he was "faceless") with a long black jacket. I think the point is to escape the ship and finding things to help the boy (point and click ?). It's a "horror" game, not scary but the mood was pretty creep.
I remember the bad guy had a minion with a striped T-shirt, and i remember that he was sleeping in one of the rooms and the boy had to pass this room without making any noise (there was a "trap" in the middle of the room)

That's all ... I already searched on google and some video games websites but i could not find it. Please help XD

Sorry for potato english !

diablo rules:

Elliott Joseph Ellsworth:

diablo rules:

Skull & Crossbones (1990)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU2kz_bitpc

NES game.

that looks kinda familiar but i dont think thats the one,its so hard to remember. but i think the graphics were more later genesis. i do believe the two player was splitscreen. but im gonna go play that one there lol looks cool

check out the arcade version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paIzUCauZyw

better graphics, there are no snes nor genesis versions of this game..maybe it was on another platform, DOS, Amiga, etc..
I haven't seen another game with pirates vs. ninjas!

it definitely wasnt arcade, cause i remember playing it at home. my uncle would bring over his genesis, super nes and we would play games. the game you mentioned seems familiar but just isnt hitting what i remember or can picture in my head. granted this was awhile ago so i may be remembering wrong. but i swear it was a red pirate a green pirate and they were 8bit looking. posible 16bit. i remember swords and a ship lol. and upgraded weapons. mentioned game has all that but just doesnt look right and the music is def not it. it was more of a spooky eerie kinda like castlevania esq mummy frankstien old movie sounding music. oh and it was much more faster paced playing then that one there. cause you could jump from sail to sail and deck to upper deck running around shooting and slashing at the monsters. was there a remake or clone or ripoff of mentioned game ? ... it could have also been ninjas im thinking of and you fought pirates and ghosts. but i do remember the very first level took place on a pirate ship.

i think i may have found the game i was talking about guys. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1-BjNJ8FFg

i do beleive that was the one. still seems a lil off though. but it was def like that. perhaps theres remakes or reboots of it ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1-BjNJ8FFg do believe this is the game i was thinking about guys. or one very very similiar to this one.

FlyAwayAutumn:
Well I remember all my games mostly because I still have them so I can look on that rack right behind me and see what I forgot.

I can not for the life of me remember this one japanese movie though, it was about these kids who had to kill eachother on an island so that they could survive.

troyrich:
I was thinking eariler about all the games i used to play and one came to mind that i used to love, but i cannot for the life of me remember what it was so I wondered if anyone else gets this same memory issue and who knows Might end up finding some classics we forgot long ago.

My one is a PC game It was a car game of sorts driving around and arena leaving a coloured trail behind you and you killed other players by getting them to drive into the trail you leave behind. I think the cars and arena were mostly black (or at least the version i had was) and the trail and 'walls' coming from the cars were really bright colours depending on team etc. Like red, orange, green, blue.

Well there you go, What games have you forgotten, Hopefully we can rediscover old games we thought long lost!

From how you describe it, it sounds to me like that one flash game where everything is black except for you and any other pc controlled players you put in.

Edit: It's called BM Tron I found it on Coolmath4kids in spikes game zone. You can look it up if you like.

the movie your thinking of. is it battle royal ?

There was a game available through the old AOL dialup platform (think late 90's). You had a spaceship, and could look at a delivery order board. You could claim a delivery, and then you had to navigate to the pickup location for the cargo, and then get to the delivery location in a given period of time to get paid for the delivery. Given sufficient money, I think you could upgrade to a larger ship or build your own base or something. Ring any bells?

Pixelhunter:

Pretty much everybody would suggest to look at "Montezuma's Return!" (1998), I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYWX1IMRn-Y

Wow. Right on! I tried to google all kind of word and couldn't find it but considering the name :) Thx! Still looks fun :)

MCTMike:
There was a game available through the old AOL dialup platform (think late 90's). You had a spaceship, and could look at a delivery order board. You could claim a delivery, and then you had to navigate to the pickup location for the cargo, and then get to the delivery location in a given period of time to get paid for the delivery. Given sufficient money, I think you could upgrade to a larger ship or build your own base or something. Ring any bells?

maybe

Space Bucks (1996)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgTRheNFxCg

diablo rules:

MCTMike:

maybe

Space Bucks (1996)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgTRheNFxCg

Sounds similar in some respects, but now that I think of it, the game I'm thinking of was in black-and-white.

hey peeps got an old snes game for you. it was a platformer and you play as these soccer players. you use the ball as a range weapon kicking it into enemies to kill them. it had boss battles and stuff, power ups that changed the ball to deal extra damage etc, set in all different environments like underground mines and aztec ruins and stuff. it was badass. any help would be appreciated

poopatron:
hey peeps got an old snes game for you. it was a platformer and you play as these soccer players. you use the ball as a range weapon kicking it into enemies to kill them. it had boss battles and stuff, power ups that changed the ball to deal extra damage etc, set in all different environments like underground mines and aztec ruins and stuff. it was badass. any help would be appreciated

perhaps

Soccer Kid (1994)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kzzdv3j6ug

Juanashima:
Hey guys!
I can't remember the name of a game i used to play at school on computers (i was 8 yo i think). I can't really remember all things but i know there was a damaged ship, a "young" boy and a bad guy with a long hat and red eyes (ghost like so he was "faceless") with a long black jacket. I think the point is to escape the ship and finding things to help the boy (point and click ?). It's a "horror" game, not scary but the mood was pretty creep.
I remember the bad guy had a minion with a striped T-shirt, and i remember that he was sleeping in one of the rooms and the boy had to pass this room without making any noise (there was a "trap" in the middle of the room)

That's all ... I already searched on google and some video games websites but i could not find it. Please help XD

VooDoo Kid (1997)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn3dEQzPuT8

diablo rules:

poopatron:

perhaps

Soccer Kid (1994)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kzzdv3j6ug

its similar but thats not the one. it was a more adult game.
thanks anyway

Hi everyone, this game has been eluding me for years.

Here's my post on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue/comments/41pz0d/tomtvideo_game_midlate_90s_early_00s_computer_game/

I'll copy paste the description below as well:

Here's what I remember: There is a carnival, and to get the ticket you needed to talk to a gypsy in a tent/hut outside of the carnival. I want to say the game is point and click with little mini-games which included talking fruits and vegetables? Or at least they had to do with fruits and vegetables.
My siblings and I sing this song, which we're pretty sure is from the game. It goes:

Apple tree, apple tree,
won't you give a treat to me?
Red and sweet, good to eat
Juicy apples can't be beat!

I tried using the song to find it, but there's nothing there. Maybe it was catchy enough for someone else to remember it?

diablo rules:

AndreMesquita:
There was this game I used to play back in the 90s, about a camp which apparently a dog was the owner. The objective was to accomplish several "camp tasks", like a run to the lake or fire pit stories.

A particular level of the game was one of those fire pit stories, where you were given a story with blank spaces, where you were able to fill them with things like "ice cream sandwich" or so, and then a NPC would read your story...

The loading screen of the game was an apple, similar to the Apple logo.

Snoopy's Campfire Stories (1996)

http://www.mobygames.com/game/snoopys-campfire-stories

Definitely not a Snoopy game... But thanks anyway!

SerShifty:
Hi everyone, this game has been eluding me for years.

Here's my post on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue/comments/41pz0d/tomtvideo_game_midlate_90s_early_00s_computer_game/

I'll copy paste the description below as well:

Here's what I remember: There is a carnival, and to get the ticket you needed to talk to a gypsy in a tent/hut outside of the carnival. I want to say the game is point and click with little mini-games which included talking fruits and vegetables? Or at least they had to do with fruits and vegetables.
My siblings and I sing this song, which we're pretty sure is from the game. It goes:

Apple tree, apple tree,
won't you give a treat to me?
Red and sweet, good to eat
Juicy apples can't be beat!

I tried using the song to find it, but there's nothing there. Maybe it was catchy enough for someone else to remember it?

mmm...carnival + vegetables, maybe

Mr. Potato Head Saves Veggie Valley (1996)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHE2J2FZjDc

Hey People out there,
I am looking for a game, that is similar to Diamonds https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamonds_%28video_game%29 .
I think it has a moving skull in the loading/start screen, and the level selection was also kinda like a level. I played it on PC.

thx for your help!

Hi guys,

I'm looking for an old RPG game I played a bit in the early 2000s. The game could have been a bit older than that, it was looking a lot like Baldur's Gate or Nox. All I remember was that at first you had to choose one of the five (I think) characters that were in a room, each sitting in front of a stained glass window or arcade or something, and then off you went into the great outdoors. I also remember some of the early enemies - wolves, ogres and some huge turtles. Another thing I remember were the item shops, which were pre-rendered and the salesman was slightly animated, sitting next to the goods and making faces while you were browsing. The game might also had a day-night cycle, although I'm not 100 percent sure.

I don't think it was a major title because I searched it on a ton of sites posting old RPG tops and polls. Let me know if you got any ideas what this game was. Thank You

Alright so im trying to find an old game.It is for Pc.So basicly in first mission you spawn in and hear an explosion.2 terrorists blow up the wall and then they stay there you can kill them but its not neccesary anyway,in spawn you can climb ladder it leads to small room(Bassicly first missions map was like a big office with some other stuff)If you press K then you die(Could be any other key)It was solo game so you were on your own.So you had to kill terrorists.You could go outside and then again inside your choise.There was onother mission on ship.sometimes you could get stuck on the floor.Please help me find this game cuz i love it but cant remeber the games name.

diablo rules:

Juanashima:
Hey guys!

VooDoo Kid (1997)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn3dEQzPuT8

There are no words to describe how much I love you right now, thank you!

Does anyone remember a kind of pirate game, were you start off with a small ship, you can go out and attack other ships and take control of the ship if its better than yours and sell off the other one, even take it to a shipyard and add new cannons, you'd have to go to a tavern in town to recruit people for your ship or have like boxing matches for cash i believe, you could level up and sadly enough i only remember one perk and it was called "masochist" (something about the more damage you take the more damage you can do or something)...
If anyone can tell me what this game was, i would be eternally grateful!

P.S. Its not sid meier's pirates lol

diablo rules:

mmm...carnival + vegetables, maybe

Mr. Potato Head Saves Veggie Valley (1996)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHE2J2FZjDc

I've already looked through Veggie Valley. Close, and a similar type of game, but not quite what I'm looking for.

I need help.
A game i got as a kid that dissapaired in a fire.
It was only compatible with win 95,98 ?
sooo
Educatinal point and click puzzle kind of game.
to learn english.

I think it was a blue litte alien who crash landed on earth and needed to go and search for things.
There was alot of word puzzels in english. such a cute little game..

Help?

Gotixa:
I need help.
A game i got as a kid that dissapaired in a fire.
It was only compatible with win 95,98 ?
sooo
Educatinal point and click puzzle kind of game.
to learn english.

I think it was a blue litte alien who crash landed on earth and needed to go and search for things.
There was alot of word puzzels in english. such a cute little game..

Help?

In Search Of The Lost Words (1996)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ3OCW_Z6t4

Hi!
I'm looking for a game I played in the early 90s (could be older) that is impossible to find. Mainly because I don't remember what it was about. Or even what kind of game it was. I think I kind of remember the menu? It was a bunch of circles and each of them was a different level. If you finished all of them, new ones appeared with different background? Look, I made a drawing:

It probably looked nothing like that, but, well. It was a long time ago.
I know you probably won't be able to help me, but as they say - hope dies last.

God, it's been bugging me for years.

Hello there,
I am looking for one game and it killing me I tried all things in google and elswhere. I know there is video of gameplay on youtube so I browsing my history as well. The game is 2d sidescroller like where you killed people and cops. I remember it started front of building. it was quite nifty game.

bumping this in hopes of someone knowing what game this is!

Hello everyone!
I'm desperately looking for a game I played when I was younger, somewhere in the 2000s maybe? and through all my searches no answers came up.
The most I remember is that you were playing as a fairy that could shape shift into vague-ish fantasy-esque animals to solve puzzles, and I think there was an evil fairy queen trying to stop you? I'm not sure if she was a queen, but she was evil. At the end of the game she turned to stone and sank to the bottom of the ocean or a lake.
I know this is vague, but this is the most I remember. Anything you guys can suggest would be very helpful! Thank you!

merca812:
bumping this in hopes of someone knowing what game this is!

Hello everyone!
I'm desperately looking for a game I played when I was younger, somewhere in the 2000s maybe? and through all my searches no answers came up.
The most I remember is that you were playing as a fairy that could shape shift into vague-ish fantasy-esque animals to solve puzzles, and I think there was an evil fairy queen trying to stop you? I'm not sure if she was a queen, but she was evil. At the end of the game she turned to stone and sank to the bottom of the ocean or a lake.
I know this is vague, but this is the most I remember. Anything you guys can suggest would be very helpful! Thank you!

that is

Kameo - Elements Of Power (2005)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5NcDCtJsJ4

but you forgot to say that it was a Xbox 360 game my friend...

Hello, everybody!
I'm desperately looking for a game I have to admit I don't remember much, but I hope the information I have might be useful.
Sorry for any grammar mistakes, English is not my first language.

Anyways, I remember playing this game between 1993/1995, in a floppy disk. It's about a guy who goes back in time in a motorcycle (Truth is I remember the motorcycle in the game, but I'm not 100% sure it was what made him go back in time) and goes back to the medieval times. There, he is assigned to save a girl (Princess, maybe). Unfortunately a very basic storyline.
What I remember from this game are three screens, the first one is a cutscene of the guy waking up inside a barn after using the motorcycle, but now the bike is gone and instead there's a bull trying to attack him.
Next scene I remember is the guy walking towards a forest, it's a side scroll game where you have to change paths going up or down in the map (You have to guess where to go; up, down or straight). I remember the forest and some obstacles he had to go through (The controls were terrible!!).
Finally, I remember I arrived in a castle, where we have to again do this "choose your path" game, and I remember I entered in a room with this giant dragon breathing fire nonstop at you. Since I was very young (3~5 years old), I didn't know what to do, so immediatly going into this room was certain death.

Two things random I also remember: The guy himself (He was blonde, wearing a brown jacket) and the status screen, the life bar was the guy's face, and every hit he recieved, his face got hurt/sad. I remember his face/life-bar losing hair during the dragon attack.

Well, that's pretty much what I remember, I'm sorry for being so vague. I'm trying to remember more but unfortunately my memory is really bad :(., maybe some of these informations are not THAT accurate, but I did my best.
I hope you guys can help me find any other information about this game, anything will be really helpful!

Thanks in advance!!

I hope someone knows of this game cause i can't remember it.
the story is a dungion full of dark monsters and you are to find the sorce of evil inside of it.
the disc that i got it on was ether {famly fun} or {250 best arcade games}

so it plays like this

make a charicter by selecting the race and then class i remember always playing as a giant wizard.
you then go around a rouge like dungion fighting random creatures {like Glowing Puffballs or Sickly Syringe} and colecting items.
the object is to find laders going down
then apon leveling up you have to find a certan ladder going up to a city so you can sleep and level up but you had to purchase crystals to prevent aging and in town you can get to shops and other stuff.
and every now and then a random creature would show up in a screan when you go to another level loughing at you calling you to come and chalange it.

please if any one knows of this game please tell me i would realy like to try and get it agin.

HikaC:
Hello, everybody!
I'm desperately looking for a game I have to admit I don't remember much, but I hope the information I have might be useful.
Sorry for any grammar mistakes, English is not my first language.

Anyways, I remember playing this game between 1993/1995, in a floppy disk. It's about a guy who goes back in time in a motorcycle (Truth is I remember the motorcycle in the game, but I'm not 100% sure it was what made him go back in time) and goes back to the medieval times. There, he is assigned to save a girl (Princess, maybe). Unfortunately a very basic storyline.
What I remember from this game are three screens, the first one is a cutscene of the guy waking up inside a barn after using the motorcycle, but now the bike is gone and instead there's a bull trying to attack him.
Next scene I remember is the guy walking towards a forest, it's a side scroll game where you have to change paths going up or down in the map (You have to guess where to go; up, down or straight). I remember the forest and some obstacles he had to go through (The controls were terrible!!).
Finally, I remember I arrived in a castle, where we have to again do this "choose your path" game, and I remember I entered in a room with this giant dragon breathing fire nonstop at you. Since I was very young (3~5 years old), I didn't know what to do, so immediatly going into this room was certain death.

Two things random I also remember: The guy himself (He was blonde, wearing a brown jacket) and the status screen, the life bar was the guy's face, and every hit he recieved, his face got hurt/sad. I remember his face/life-bar losing hair during the dragon attack.

Well, that's pretty much what I remember, I'm sorry for being so vague. I'm trying to remember more but unfortunately my memory is really bad :(., maybe some of these informations are not THAT accurate, but I did my best.
I hope you guys can help me find any other information about this game, anything will be really helpful!

Thanks in advance!!

Time Runners (1994)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw801ZtvRQo

Italian game..

I remember very vaguely a game about dinosaurs. I'm gonna stop you right now, it doesn't involve a blue Parasaurolophus with the name "Dinosaur Adventure 3D".

What I vividly remember is, when you started the game, and intro played showing toys in an attic (I want to say, stuffed animals, one maybe a kangaroo, I dunno), them getting blown with wind or magic or something, and popping to life.

I also remember a minigame when you are in a diner with a Legend of Zelda angle view giving food to dinosaurs. Possibly the same game, no idea.

This has been killing me for a few years now, and I'm pretty sure I didn't get anywhere. This represents all I remember about this game, other than the may have something to do with one of the periods (Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous).
Godspeed.

Hello! I'd really like someone's help with this game name because it's been bugging me for years. I don't remember much but hopefully it'll be enough.

The game was a PC game that I played in either the very late 90s or early 2000s, but it could be older. It was actually a series of mini games that opened from the start menu in a folder like the way applications or other folders are opened and there were around 7 to 10 of them. I'm not sure if they came preloaded on the computer or were bought. I think the games were girl oriented and I believe they were simply 2D puzzle based games. I vaguely remember one of the mini games where you have to move around big present boxes in a way so your character can clime to the top. I think the color scheme was mainly white boxes with either strips or polka dots that were pink purple or green (not 100% on that though). Another game I think had something to do with popping balloons or bubbles and possibly candy? That's all I can really remember. If anyone can help me I'd be so grateful. Thanks in advance!!

moparhemi:
Hi guys,

I'm looking for an old RPG game I played a bit in the early 2000s. The game could have been a bit older than that, it was looking a lot like Baldur's Gate or Nox. All I remember was that at first you had to choose one of the five (I think) characters that were in a room, each sitting in front of a stained glass window or arcade or something, and then off you went into the great outdoors. I also remember some of the early enemies - wolves, ogres and some huge turtles. Another thing I remember were the item shops, which were pre-rendered and the salesman was slightly animated, sitting next to the goods and making faces while you were browsing. The game might also had a day-night cycle, although I'm not 100 percent sure.

I don't think it was a major title because I searched it on a ton of sites posting old RPG tops and polls. Let me know if you got any ideas what this game was. Thank You

This game gets asked for a lot here. It's Rage of Mages 1/2. Here are screenshots of what you describe in the game:

Character selection : https://files.ru.ladoshki.com/data/pocketpc/shots/r/Rage_of_Mages_II_-_Necromancer.jpg
Enemies faced early in the game : http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/19022000/ngbbs49f024be1d83a.jpg
Semi-animated shopkeepers : http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/13514-rage-of-mages-windows-screenshot-character-building.jpg

There is a day/night cycle, you remember that correctly.

Guys, we might want to create a list or a poll with the games already found, as I wouldn't browse through 600+ pages of obscured memories in hopes of finding what I need.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 . . . 924 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here