STALKER 2 heart of chernobyl come to me gameplay trailer 2023 release date pc xbox series x s game pass gsc gameworld

STALKER 2 Gameplay Trailer Is Creepy & Full of Deadly Threats, 2023 Launch Confirmed

Ukrainian developer GSC Game World has published the STALKER 2: Heart of Chernobyl “Come to Me” gameplay trailer, confirming plans to launch its radioactive sequel sometime in 2023. Today’s trailer is one of the few times we’ve seen the sequel this year, so it’s nice to see two-and-a-half-minutes of genuine gameplay and atmosphere. In short, STALKER 2 still looks like an intimate, mysterious, and skin-crawling first-person shooter sequel set in a mutated open world. However, for every worn-down building and survivor camp shown, STALKER 2 still seems to have a few sun-drenched fields and pops of color. You can look at what 2023 has in store with the new STALKER 2 gameplay trailer below.

Recommended Videos

While it’s disappointing to see STALKER 2 without a new release date, (It was previously supposed to launch this month.) it’s also not much of a surprise. The studio has been on the frontlines of Russia’s war on Ukraine since the invasion began earlier this year. Just a few days ago, the studio paid tribute to Volodymyr Yezhov, a GSC Game World developer who recently died fighting against Russian forces.

STALKER 2 has faced troubled development but still looks to be one of the grimmest first-person shooters in recent memory. It is coming to PC, Xbox Series X | S, and Xbox Game Pass sometime in 2023.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Dragon Ball Fans Can’t Contain Their Excitement Over Sparking ZERO’s One-Armed Gohan
Future Gohan looking mad in Dragon Ball.
Read Article I Pulled Shohei Ohtani & Mike Trout in MLB The Show 24 – And It Hasn’t Made a Difference
Shohei Ohtani at bat in MLB The Show 24.
Read Article Hades II Playtest Registration is Up and Here’s How to Join
Hades II Playtest
Related Content
Read Article Dragon Ball Fans Can’t Contain Their Excitement Over Sparking ZERO’s One-Armed Gohan
Future Gohan looking mad in Dragon Ball.
Read Article I Pulled Shohei Ohtani & Mike Trout in MLB The Show 24 – And It Hasn’t Made a Difference
Shohei Ohtani at bat in MLB The Show 24.
Read Article Hades II Playtest Registration is Up and Here’s How to Join
Hades II Playtest
Author
Michael Cripe
Michael joined The Escapist team in 2019 but has been covering games, movies, TV, and music since 2015. When he’s not writing, Michael is probably playing Super Mario Sunshine, Dead Space, The Binding of Isaac, or Doom Eternal. You can follow his news coverage and reviews at The Escapist, but his work has appeared on other sites like OnlySP, Gameranx, and Kansas City’s The Pitch, too. If you’d like to connect and talk about the latest pop-culture news, you can follow Michael on Twitter (@MikeCripe), Instagram (mike_cripe), or LinkedIn if that’s your thing.