Gothic 1 Remake new dark trailer THQ Nordic Alkimia Interactive combat

Gothic 1 Remake Gets Dark & Gritty Trailer at THQ Nordic Showcase

At the THQ Nordic Digital Showcase 2022, developer Alkimia Interactive shared a new trailer for Gothic 1 Remake. Check out THQ Nordic’s bossy new description of the game to go with the trailer:

Recommended Videos

Before we can trust you, you’ll first need to pass the TEST OF FAITH. Can you handle that? Prepare yourself for a visit in the Old Mine, a dangerous place full of vicious creatures. Descend to the bottom and find Ian – he’s your man. Tell him that Diego sent you. If you come back alive with the supplies list, we can talk about you joining us. That’s all you need to know… for now. Oh, and before you leave, ask Graham for a map. What are you waiting for? Get going!

For those who could use a bit of elaboration, this is a full-scale remake of the original 2001 Gothic. Magic gone amok has turned the mines into a dangerous place “controlled by the most violent prisoners,” and you are the nameless hero and convicted prisoner who must survive these hardships. Combat has been modernized for Gothic 1 Remake as well, but the new trailer is mostly dedicated to freaking you out with scary images.

Gothic 1 Remake has no release window yet, but it is coming to PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X | S.

For more THQ Nordic Digital Showcase 2022 announcements, check out the SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake gameplay trailer, the announcement of classic RTS game Tempest Rising, the announcement of alien property developer game Space for Sale, the announcement of a new Alone in the Dark, and the announcement of sandbox racing game Wreckreation, created by a team of racing all-stars.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Read Article Niantic Acknowledges Issues With Pokemon GO Avatar Update: “We’re taking this seriously”
pokemon go avatar update
Read Article Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes’ Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug to Be Fixed in Upcoming Patch
Related Content
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Read Article Niantic Acknowledges Issues With Pokemon GO Avatar Update: “We’re taking this seriously”
pokemon go avatar update
Read Article Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes’ Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug to Be Fixed in Upcoming Patch
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.