Skyrim Together Reborn multiplayer mod release date July 8, 2022 Together Team announcement FAQ download instructions

Skyrim Together Reborn Mod Introduces Multiplayer Skyrim This Week

The Together Team has announced that the “Skyrim Together Reborn” mod has a final release date of Friday, July 8, 2022 at 16:00 GMT / noon ET, and it will add multiplayer support to specifically Skyrim Special Edition on Steam, particularly version 1.6. Console and VR are not supported. This mod has been in development quite a while and was supposed to enter a beta first, but development has gone smoothly enough that the team is just headed for a full launch this week.

Recommended Videos

A wiki now exists with instructions on how to install the Skyrim Together Reborn mod for multiplayer Skyrim when it becomes available. The team cautions that this mod is “not perfect,” and for the best possible experience, you should probably play it with other mods disabled. However, you can enable other mods if you want and try your luck. The team is encouraging users to inform each other which mods do and don’t work. In any case, this multiplayer mod is primarily intended for two-to-eight players.

The Together Team had been working on a similar multiplayer mod for Fallout 4, but the team tightened its focus to just Skyrim Together Reborn in order to get it finished. The team essentially states in a FAQ that the Fallout 4 multiplayer mod is not likely to get finished at this point, unless additional developers volunteer their time.

For an idea of how the Skyrim Together Reborn mod will work, you can watch some of a video the Together Team uploaded this past May.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Watcher Addresses Streaming Service Controversy
Read Article Far Cry 7 Leaker Denies Cillian Murphy Villain Rumor
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Release Date Revealed Alongside New Gameplay Showcase
Metaphor Re Fantazio Release Date
Related Content
Read Article Watcher Addresses Streaming Service Controversy
Read Article Far Cry 7 Leaker Denies Cillian Murphy Villain Rumor
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Release Date Revealed Alongside New Gameplay Showcase
Metaphor Re Fantazio Release Date
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.