no new Sly Cooper Infamous games planned Sucker Punch Productions PS4 PS5 PlayStation 4 5 only Ghost of Tsushima development focus

No Sly Cooper or Infamous Games Are Planned, Says Sucker Punch

Developer Sucker Punch Productions has posted a news update to discuss server maintenance and its legacy franchises, yet it contains some information that is likely to bum people out right before a holiday weekend. Chiefly, Sucker Punch said it currently has no plans to create new Sly Cooper or Infamous games, and it even goes so far as to say that “no other studio is currently working on projects related to those franchises either.”

Recommended Videos

Rather, the whole studio is apparently focused on the “current project,” which is likely to be a follow-up to the hit open-world adventure Ghost of Tsushima. That title has sold more than 8 million copies across its PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 versions to date, and there is even a Hollywood film in the works. Fans aren’t likely to have an issue with a Ghost of Tsushima sequel.

Sucker Punch isn’t saying new Sly Cooper and Infamous games will never come though. It at least said that the characters in these games “are very special and near and dear to our hearts,” and the developer would “never say never to re-opening those doors down the road.” They’re definitely not a priority right now though.

In the meantime, Infamous 2 UGC servers will receive a server migration to keep them going, and Sucker Punch is aiming to put Cole’s Legacy DLC for Infamous Second Son on the PlayStation Store in all territories.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Read Article Niantic Acknowledges Issues With Pokemon GO Avatar Update: “We’re taking this seriously”
pokemon go avatar update
Read Article Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes’ Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug to Be Fixed in Upcoming Patch
Related Content
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Read Article Niantic Acknowledges Issues With Pokemon GO Avatar Update: “We’re taking this seriously”
pokemon go avatar update
Read Article Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes’ Game-Breaking Recruitment Bug to Be Fixed in Upcoming Patch
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.