Halo season 2 TV series Paramount+ confirmed

Halo Season 2 Confirmed at Paramount+

The Halo TV series premieres on Paramount+ on March 24, but a season 2 has already been confirmed. The announcement comes as part of a long string of reveals from the streaming service and ViacomCBS today, including the announcement of a Sonic the Hedgehog 3 movie and a live-action Knuckles spin-off series. David Wiener of Fear the Walking Dead will be showrunner and executive producer of Halo season 2, and it can be safely assumed that Pablo Schreiber will again suit up as Master Chief.

Recommended Videos

The Halo TV series is produced by 343 Industries, Showtime, and Amblin Television, and technically Steven Spielberg is an executive producer on it. You probably shouldn’t count on him to show up to direct an episode of Halo season 2 though.

Halo is an expansive, world-building opportunity for Paramount+, and we’re thrilled to give fans a second season to look forward to before we launch the series next month,” said Paramount+ Chief Programming Officer Tanya Giles. “Halo will deliver a thrill-ride for fans of the game and non-gamers alike, as it ties together stunning visuals with a deeper look at the personal stories behind these iconic characters, all set within an epic battle for the future of humanity.”

Now, all that remains is to find out whether the show will actually be good.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article 90 Day Fiance: Are Gino and Jasmine Still Together? Answered
Read Article X-Men ’97: How Is Vulcan Connected to Cyclops?
Combined stills of Cyclops and Vulcan in X-Men '97 Season 1
Read Article Taylor Swift Fans Think Her New Album Confirms Her Role in Deadpool & Wolverine
Dazzler using her powers in Marvel Comics.
Related Content
Read Article 90 Day Fiance: Are Gino and Jasmine Still Together? Answered
Read Article X-Men ’97: How Is Vulcan Connected to Cyclops?
Combined stills of Cyclops and Vulcan in X-Men '97 Season 1
Read Article Taylor Swift Fans Think Her New Album Confirms Her Role in Deadpool & Wolverine
Dazzler using her powers in Marvel Comics.
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.