State of Play announcement trailer Valkyrie Elysium Profile release date 2022 Square Enix PS4 PS5 PlayStation 4 5 action RPG

Valkyrie Elysium Revealed for PS4, PS5, & PC by Square Enix

At the March 9 PlayStation State of Play, Square Enix dropped the announcement trailer for Valkyrie Elysium on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. (It is also coming to PC via Steam.) It is a new entry in the franchise that began with Valkyrie Profile on PlayStation 1, and it will arrive in 2022. The YouTube description offers only a single cryptic sentence for the story: “The world is on the brink of destruction as a new Valkyrie’s story begins.” Gameplay-wise though, Valkyrie Elysium is an action RPG with “new, fast-paced combat” that emphasizes the franchise’s special attack and combo systems.

Recommended Videos

New information has subsequently become available for the game. For starters, it is being developed by Soleil Ltd, and Yuya Nagai of CyDesignation has provided character designs. Series composer Motoi Sakuraba has returned to deliver the soundtrack. Throughout the game, the protagonist, a Valkyrie, will go on quests to prevent Ragnarok in the name of the All-Father. This will involve using different weapons, magic, and the power of her allies. So in essence, it does sound like a Valkyrie experience, but now with a harder action RPG slant.

Stay tuned for further announcements from the State of Play, and check out the Valkyrie Elysium announcement trailer below.

Today, Square Enix also announced “real-time tactical battle” RPG The DioField Chronicle, in addition to opening a gigantic music YouTube channel.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article All Dummy’s Joyride Quests & Rewards In Fortnite Chapter 5 Season 2
fortnite dummys joyride quests
Read Article MW3 May Be Crossing Over With Fallout, Gundam & More in Season 4
Fallout 4, a person in grey mechanical armour.
Read Article Where Is The Circle Filmed – Answered
Related Content
Read Article All Dummy’s Joyride Quests & Rewards In Fortnite Chapter 5 Season 2
fortnite dummys joyride quests
Read Article MW3 May Be Crossing Over With Fallout, Gundam & More in Season 4
Fallout 4, a person in grey mechanical armour.
Read Article Where Is The Circle Filmed – Answered
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.