Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 NEXT

Hi everyone,
The game I am looking for and hope somebody else here has played was a point-click and had a more dark-fantasy tone to it.

There was this FROG like character with BIG EYES whose sole mission would be using his EXTREMELY STRETCHY TONGUE to SWING and get the golden coins placed all over the background, (Background had trees?) one misstep and the character would fall to the ground skipping all the progress of that particular mission, had to repeat all the steps again.

***TIP: It was around 2009-2010 that I had played this game and many others, along with games like Machinarium, but I am not sure if they were all released on the same year.

Adrian Rivas Latapie:
Hello.
Im looking for a game that i played in my Win98 PC around that year i think.
-The game was a Beat`em up/side scroller type.
-You have three characters that u can alternate.
-A baseball, footbal and a hockey player.
-You had to fight against zombies or gangs?
I don`t remember much more,i was about 10 years old, hope u can help me thanks.

It's a strange title, but could that have been Three Dirty Dwarves?

Looking for a game which I only had the demo of, but I played several times because I really enjoyed it, either on the original Xbox or the Xbox 360 (sorry, I can't quite remember which).

- It was basically a flying game, sort of futuristic, I'm pretty sure they were like spaceships but not in space. The environment was like a sunny area.

- It felt somewhat open, like I was told go here and do this, then here and do that. The pilot was talking to someone over the radio, and there was obviously some sort of narrative going on.

- I can remember the pilot exiting the ship while it was on a platform but I can't remember if this was in-game or a cut-scene.

- The pilot had the ability to go into slow motion. Towards the end of the demo you're flying through a canyon/tunnel and there's lots of falling rocks which you use the slow-mo to evade.

Please help! Every couple of years I'm reminded of this game and I go looking for it to no avail. For some reason screenshots Starlink: Battle for Atlas Game me think of it again just now.

Christopher Conlan:
Looking for a game which I only had the demo of, but I played several times because I really enjoyed it, either on the original Xbox or the Xbox 360 (sorry, I can't quite remember which).

- It was basically a flying game, sort of futuristic, I'm pretty sure they were like spaceships but not in space. The environment was like a sunny area.

- It felt somewhat open, like I was told go here and do this, then here and do that. The pilot was talking to someone over the radio, and there was obviously some sort of narrative going on.

- I can remember the pilot exiting the ship while it was on a platform but I can't remember if this was in-game or a cut-scene.

- The pilot had the ability to go into slow motion. Towards the end of the demo you're flying through a canyon/tunnel and there's lots of falling rocks which you use the slow-mo to evade.

Please help! Every couple of years I'm reminded of this game and I go looking for it to no avail. For some reason screenshots Starlink: Battle for Atlas Game me think of it again just now.

That is more than likely Sine Mora, or possibly Zeit2. I also looked at Yager for the original Xbox, but didn't see any slow motion stuff.

I unfortunately can't remember much, but here goes. Its a game that takes place at an isometric angle, I remember that you play as a character on top of some sort of spinning top, jumping on rounded platforms connected to the ground, and that there's a level with a circus tent in it. Its probably an early-mid 2000s game downloaded from some website that I can't remember.

Hey everyone. I found this thread through a Google search and figured I might as well try my luck here. I was over at a friend's home in the 90's when they showed me this game. I believe it ran either on DOS or Windows 95 since it was on the PC. They first showed me the original Doom so it was around that timeline. It was a point-and-click game that I believe was a shareware title. You played as a Native American tribe member who starts out in her apartment. You're free to leave and explore other areas by clicking on them through a citywide map system. Some of the places you could explore were a park, a subway and an XXX club but that required you to purchase the full game which made me believe it was a free demo.

If you went to the subway station you'd come across a man harassing a young kid. There's nothing you can do to interfere at the moment. But if you went back to your apartment and called someone on the phone and asked about weapons, you'd receive a crowbar. If you returned to the subway you'd have the option to use the crowbar on the thug thus killing him. The kid would run off without a word but you'd pick up a $100 bill from the dead punk. You then automatically leave the area for obvious implication reasons. At the park you'd find ''some old fart'' sitting on a bench. I remember trying to give the $100 bill to him but my character refused to do so. If you further went into the park you'd find a series of windows belonging to an apartment complex.

The game teased that you could act like a pervert and spy on the people doing somewhat adult things by teasing them behind a paywall. It would imply such things were going on that could only be unlocked to view by purchasing the full game. That's pretty much the extent of this demo and/or all I can remember at least. I've tried unsuccessfully to find this game for over two decades. No doubt with Doom being on the same PC, the game would've definitely been M-rated. Sadly a simple search on anything I mentioned has turned up empty. I'm not interested in so much playing it myself but I'd really like to put this mystery to a close. If anyone has information on this, please reply or contact me personally. Thanks.

Christopher Conlan:

I'd also have a look at "Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge" (2003).
Man, its predecessor on the PC is one of my all-time-favourites.

Hello guysm there is a game that i want a lot to know the name, since it was so fun.
its a pc game that i used to play at least ten years ago, were the 1 to 4 players (in the same pc) would be one marine, inside a army, fighting against tick aliens. the game graphics were kinda cute, and the camera was from above, so all the players could see in the same screen. the game had levels that we had to beat, like an open space invasion to defending a closed space against the incoming waves. Anyone could help?

RelativityMan:

Adrian Rivas Latapie:
Hello.
Im looking for a game that i played in my Win98 PC around that year i think.
-The game was a Beat`em up/side scroller type.
-You have three characters that u can alternate.
-A baseball, footbal and a hockey player.
-You had to fight against zombies or gangs?
I don`t remember much more,i was about 10 years old, hope u can help me thanks.

It's a strange title, but could that have been Three Dirty Dwarves?

Yea, that`s the game!.It's not like i remembered it but it is definitely that Thank you so much!

digidv85:
Hey everyone. I found this thread through a Google search and figured I might as well try my luck here. I was over at a friend's home in the 90's when they showed me this game. I believe it ran either on DOS or Windows 95 since it was on the PC. They first showed me the original Doom so it was around that timeline. It was a point-and-click game that I believe was a shareware title. You played as a Native American tribe member who starts out in her apartment. You're free to leave and explore other areas by clicking on them through a citywide map system. Some of the places you could explore were a park, a subway and an XXX club but that required you to purchase the full game which made me believe it was a free demo.

If you went to the subway station you'd come across a man harassing a young kid. There's nothing you can do to interfere at the moment. But if you went back to your apartment and called someone on the phone and asked about weapons, you'd receive a crowbar. If you returned to the subway you'd have the option to use the crowbar on the thug thus killing him. The kid would run off without a word but you'd pick up a $100 bill from the dead punk. You then automatically leave the area for obvious implication reasons. At the park you'd find ''some old fart'' sitting on a bench. I remember trying to give the $100 bill to him but my character refused to do so. If you further went into the park you'd find a series of windows belonging to an apartment complex.

The game teased that you could act like a pervert and spy on the people doing somewhat adult things by teasing them behind a paywall. It would imply such things were going on that could only be unlocked to view by purchasing the full game. That's pretty much the extent of this demo and/or all I can remember at least. I've tried unsuccessfully to find this game for over two decades. No doubt with Doom being on the same PC, the game would've definitely been M-rated. Sadly a simple search on anything I mentioned has turned up empty. I'm not interested in so much playing it myself but I'd really like to put this mystery to a close. If anyone has information on this, please reply or contact me personally. Thanks.

That is definitely episode one of Blackstar: Agent of Justice. Both episodes are pretty short and easy enough to find on the web (if you know the name).

Hey guys, I've been looking for a game for several years now, can't find a trace of it anywhere:

I used to play it on my grandfathers PC, must have been sometime in the 90s. Probably Win95, maybe even Win98 PC.
It was a 2D platform/jump'n'run game, where the main character was a ninja sort of guy. I'm thinking red suit and black hair, but might have been different. The screen did not scroll, but you would rather leave the screen on the right and enter the next screen on the left.
I never played very far in the game, but in the beginning I think you would walk through a castle. I remember that you could fight knights and enter caves (or maybe cellars) through doors, in which you were attacked by bats as well. There was some kind of special move, a karate-style jump kick where the character would shout "hi-ya!". There was a health bar at the top of the screen which consisted of quite a lot of little vertical bars, which depleted for taking damage from right to left. Every time the character took damage there was this loud buzzing noise.

Does this ring any bells? Thanks a lot!

Tan Anh Tran:

Second one is an assassine creed game like.

More like strategy game than action RPG

we lead 4 people. do quests like capture or kill or silent kill,

there are hover cars in the game.

there are cilivians in city. gangs and a lot of people.

every time start a game, we chose weapons or other equiptments for 4 characters.

we could chose 1 or 2 or 4 people to control at a same time.

tthe gamee set in future timeline

there are quality systems high or lower performent make the game looks like potato.

there are robots loook like spider.

Infiltrate houses or use other ways to do the quest.

alot of guns.

i dont know if it was 3d or 2d. Sorry !

thats all i could remember. Please help me find those memories back !

This sounds like Syndicate or Syndicate Wars.

am trying to find an old flash game i play as a kid all i remember is that it was a make you own car game where you transport green squares that explode and may have been in black and white.

I had an RPG on gameboy (though it may have been remastered from another console) where you start in a village, go north into some sort of shrine and fight the mandatory start-of-game boss, then when you return to the village no-one there remembers who you are.. I think when you return to the village it's gone from colour to b&w as well. If anyone has any ideas I'd be hugely appreciative!!

Hello! I used to play with a game in which you were in a kind of labyrinth but with no ceiling (you could see moon and stars). The camera was close-up. I can't remember other details, but i remember i liked it so much. thank you!

I remember playing a Pinball-ish labyrinth maze wooden board pinball or a metal/steel ball, a PC game, you had to control the ball with the keyboard avoiding the holes and reaching the finish zone. Thanks!

ManLee:
I remember playing a Pinball-ish labyrinth maze wooden board pinball or a metal/steel ball, a PC game, you had to control the ball with the keyboard avoiding the holes and reaching the finish zone. Thanks!

That might have been The Labyrinth Plus! Edition, which was bundled with Microsoft Plus! for Windows XP, otherwise you could check this list of rolling ball games. It's five pages long, but at least it's a start.

RelativityMan:

ManLee:

That might have been The Labyrinth Plus! Edition, which was bundled with Microsoft Plus! for Windows XP, otherwise you could check this list of rolling ball games. It's five pages long, but at least it's a start.

I couldn't find it, and it's not the one you mentioned either... although it is REALLY similar to both Labyrinth for Android and Wooden Labyrinth 3D for iPhone. Thank you!

Vitor Vilhena:
Hello guysm there is a game that i want a lot to know the name, since it was so fun.
its a pc game that i used to play at least ten years ago, were the 1 to 4 players (in the same pc) would be one marine, inside a army, fighting against tick aliens. the game graphics were kinda cute, and the camera was from above, so all the players could see in the same screen. the game had levels that we had to beat, like an open space invasion to defending a closed space against the incoming waves. Anyone could help?

An Alien Breed remake like the 2009 Alien Breed Evolution: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Breed

Roman78:

Vitor Vilhena:

An Alien Breed remake like the 2009 Alien Breed Evolution: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Breed

Thanks but no, they were way cuter, more childish

Hello there.
I am looking for a game that i played in the year maybe 2010 or less, its an old game i remember the graphics were for low spec computer as well ,in the game i remember ur like a orc i guess that has a funny stance which is also a wizard maybe i think he has some kind of powers of sorcery,the game might have other char's to play with i played it on my pc, in the game i remember details like if u kill somebody his soul would apear flying to the sky,and i remember a scene which u came in some city and there was a man with a mask on his head which beheaded somebody there with a sword/axe/knife i guess,and u had to kill that person,another mission i remember is u gave some kind of potion to somebody that didnt feel good, this game looks pretty dark and its an old fantasy game 3rd person.

RelativityMan:

Christopher Conlan:

That is more than likely Sine Mora, or possibly Zeit2. I also looked at Yager for the original Xbox, but didn't see any slow motion stuff.

Holy crap, it was Yager! Amazing, thank you so much! Now I'm off to play it :)

Hello, I used to play a game on a OLD PC (Around 1996-2004) Was playing as a older, kinda chubby viking with a hammer. Had to run around and defeat enemies. IIRC it was set in a norse mythology/viking setting. Any clues?

Hello everyone,
I am looking for a game of train on PC output in my opinion between 1997 and 2003.
It's a strategy / war / fantasy train game (it's not a train simulation game).

I played this game on windows XP being smaller, on the jacket it seems to me we could see a locomotive and explosions or flames.
In this game we have to succeed levels / map of different types, snow style, marsh, desert, fog ... (a bit like the different worlds in mario bros).

in each world / map the rails are already placed and at each end of the map there is a base (ours and that of the enemy: the computer).
from our base we can build different types of locomotives / wagons (flamethrowers, machine gunners, loco-kamikazes, launcher "drones" ...) which must be used to destroy the locomotives / wagons enemy and its base.

it is a game in 3D view from above (in angle), it seems to me that we could zoom in a little, de-zoom but no more.

If you have an idea of ​​the name of this game, an image of the game, some info, a seller of this game I take! im desperate; i search this game for so long ...

edit: sorry for my bad english, i m french

Alexander Anthony:
I had an RPG on gameboy (though it may have been remastered from another console) where you start in a village, go north into some sort of shrine and fight the mandatory start-of-game boss, then when you return to the village no-one there remembers who you are.. I think when you return to the village it's gone from colour to b&w as well. If anyone has any ideas I'd be hugely appreciative!!

Sounds like Breath of Fire 2. It was a SNES title but probably got a gameboy release as well.

hi guys, first of all sorry for my english, ive been looking for a game for years, acctually it's two games.
the first is a point & click game i remembre in the first stage you wake up tied in a chair and there's a spider coming at you and you have to figure it out how to kill it, i remembre it was by pushing a closet or something like that.

2-this one is very hard to describ, it was a detective game you had to find the killer or the robber ? it was just a window with some text and i remembre a picture of black face with coat and sunglasses or like zoro mask ?

Thanks guys i hope i was clear

Hey guys, I remember playing this game, I don't remember If it was on playstation 2 or its own console, but in the game I'm being recorded for this fizzy drink soda commercial and when I drink the soda I turn into this ape / monster and I Destroy everything around me

Any ideas?

Hey guys, I remember playing this game, I don't remember If it was on playstation 2 or its own console, but in the game I'm being recorded for this fizzy drink soda commercial and when I drink the soda I turn into this ape / monster and I Destroy everything around me

Any ideas?

Thank you so much!! Been wanting to replay this for yeeeaaaaaars =]

Will Reynolds:
Hello, I used to play a game on a OLD PC (Around 1996-2004) Was playing as a older, kinda chubby viking with a hammer. Had to run around and defeat enemies. IIRC it was set in a norse mythology/viking setting. Any clues?

Maybe: Lost Vikings https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Vikings

Moh Amed Lamine:
hi guys, first of all sorry for my english, ive been looking for a game for years, acctually it's two games.
the first is a point & click game i remembre in the first stage you wake up tied in a chair and there's a spider coming at you and you have to figure it out how to kill it, i remembre it was by pushing a closet or something like that.

2-this one is very hard to describ, it was a detective game you had to find the killer or the robber ? it was just a window with some text and i remembre a picture of black face with coat and sunglasses or like zoro mask ?

Thanks guys i hope i was clear

First one sounds like Broken Sword 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCvN9lSFrW8

Second one: Is that an real old classical Text Adventure like Zork, or some new made to look old game? The graphics were they Pixel-based or ASCII-based? Does it have colour?

Hello! I just want to try this. I've been searching this game for years. I played it when I was like 7yo. I think it was a demo from a CD with a lot of games, like Galaxy of Games. I played this in windows 95 but around 1998-2000.

You start in like a desert zone, with a hole (like a little crater) and you are a thin guy with black clothes (like leather). You have to fight a dinosaur or lizzard (I'm not sure about this really) which walks on two feet. You can throw punches and kicks and I think that the enemy too. It was 3D but very poligon-ish, this game might be from 1993-1996, can't really tell but the graphics were worse than Heretic 2, better than Alone in the dark (1992) and look a bit alike MDK.

Thanks for your time, and english isn't my native tongue, sorry for any mistake, regards!

Hello everyone i've been looking for this game for a long time and can't find it if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Here it goes.

Late 80, ealy 90 space SIDE shooter, it had 2 player mode and i remember you could FLIP directions left or right to shoot enemies that came from behind, the screen move sideways but also it moved down or up, i remember the first stage you went around a massive mothership that enemies came from within, cant remember much else but it was pretty unique.

IT IS NON OF THE FOLLOWING

50.Air Buster 49.E.D.F. - Earth Defense Force 48.Mega Blast 47.Hyper Duel 46.Alpha Mission 2 45.Metal Black 44.Cosmic Cop 43.Mystic Riders 42.Airwolf 41.Bio-Ship Paladin 40.Twinkle Star Sprites 39.Rezon 38.Zero Wing 37.Spacefortress Macross II 36.Ghost Pilots 35.Atomic Robo Kid 34.Carrier Airwing 33.Raystorm 32.Viewpoint 31.Terra Force 30.Blazstar 29.Prehistoric Isle 28.Side Arms - Hyper Dyne 27.Eco Fighters 26.Hacha Mecha Fighter 25.Blazing Lazers 24.Black Heart 23.Zed Blade 22.Fantasy Zone 21.4-D Warriors 20.Last Resort 19.U.N. Squadron 18.Sol Divide 17.Bosconian 16.Baraduke 15.Captain Tomaday 14.G-Darius 13.Xevious 3/DG 12.R-Type 2 11.Pulstar 10.Battle Chopper 09.Gradius 3 08.Breakthru 07.Moon Patrol 06.Salamander 05.R-Type Leo 04.Gigawing 03.Darius-G 02.Asteroids Deluxe 01.Defender

Hello. I'm the first time here and I hope this thread is still active. I just remembered a game I used to play when I was younger but I don't remember the name of it. It was a co-op / singleplayer game where there were 4 classes I think and there was a story that a clown of a theme park or the boss of the theme park became evil or something and he kind of traps all the players in the theme park and you have to fight through monster waves and in the end there's a boss and if all of you defeated the boss you get rewards and I think buy stuff. Don't remember much. It was free to play game on Steam but I can't find it anymore.

Ariel Romano:
There was an old arcade game where you had to ride a stationary bike as the controls, and the game itself featured a kid riding his bicycle/glider through a course. I feel like the name was something like "Solitar" or "Zolitar", but for the life of me I can't remember.

Prop Cycle: Saving Solitar
https://youtu.be/cYSalbzlIa0?t=107

Pages PREV 1 . . . 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook