Google Android Ripping Off Zero Puncutation Logo?

Pages PREV 1 2

It seems that the imp has a distant cousin!

Isn't it the South Park baby?

ZP didn't invent imps

I really don't see the similarities. I mean the eyes maybe, but no, you are wrong.

LordCuthberton:
I would worry if it looked like this:

Now just put "DISTRICT 9" at the bottom and you've got yourself a movie poster.

The two are pretty generic. I mean I always assumed he had just copy pasted it from somewhere...

I see where you're coming from but I think they're different enough to be ok.
Besides Google has too much money to bother suing and google'll get flamed by escapist if they have a crack at Yahtzee (I expect)

archerboy106:
android= alien

zp imp= imp

yep.

The Andriod has antennas not ears.

TRIXY THIEVS STOLES IT, but yeah it is inevitable that some ideas will cross.

I think the simplicity of both the designs show its almost definitely just a coincidence.

They have a similar art style... similar. But lets not forget, Android had a couple of years development and the logo was likely kicking around before it was actually released.

Just a coincidence, to be honest.

nah, too unfamiliar

It kind of looks like a trash can with limbs.

Android Inc. existed as a company ages ago, even before they were swallowed up by Google in 2005, so it's entirely possible that the Android logo pre-dates Zero Punctuation by a few years.

Android's first appearance was only four months or so after Yahtzee's first YouTube material (which wasn't nearly as popular as his current videos are). Afraid you'll have to pass this one off as a coincidence.

First occurrence of Android's logo here.

thecaptainof:
Android Inc. existed as a company ages ago, even before they were swallowed up by Google in 2005, so it's entirely possible that the Android logo pre-dates Zero Punctuation by a few years.

The logo didn't publicly exist until after ZP's start date.

Meh, it's just a coincidence.

I see the resemblance, but it's nothing to sue over :\

Should we also complain about xkcd ripping off stick figures?

Headless Zombie:
Should we also complain about xkcd ripping off stick figures?

I understand your point but no one owns stick figures.

Eh, I can see the similarity, but nothing extreme enough to really be considered. The arms are different, as is the overall shape of the body. Not enough to call foul, really.

while I don't think that's an actionable infringement, I do think that he should have copyrights over his imp.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked