Free Bioshock if you buy Bioshock 2

Pages 1 2 NEXT

now you have no excuse not to play bioshock.
it says 10/2 as release date. i didnt know it's that close.
mass effect 2 blinded me.

Where on earth did you hear that from?

Source material... Its a very good deal, might look into.

.......I am very deeply confused.

What?

I have every excuse not to play Bioshock.
I played around an hour of the first and didn't like it.
So, I don't want to.
And even so, where is the source? Because this seems like a bullshit claim to me.

It comes out on 2/9/10, and I'm pretty sure that only happens if you buy the special edition. I already have BioShock anyways, so it doesn't matter much to me.

Eh? Any links? Or something?

Source or it didn't happen.

EDIT:

dark_taint92:
guys he talking about steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8859/
there you go :)

Right, I'll be getting it for the 360 anyway, aand I already have Bioshock, so I'm not the targeted audience, I guess.

Are you just making stuff u or are you pull ling this from some factual information. Link and reference please.

IrirshTerrorist:
Are you just making stuff u or are you pull ling this from some factual information. Link and reference please.

Chapper:
Source or it didn't happen.

GuerrillaClock:
Eh? Any links? Or something?

Walkchalk:
Where on earth did you hear that from?

PayJ567:
Source material... Its a very good deal, might look into.

guys he talking about steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8859/
there you go :)

when Oblivion decided to come with it is when you lostthe excuse not to have it.

Cite a source, please.

Although such a deal would be good for people who have not played the original Bioshock, for people like me it is useless as not only have I already played it, I have no friends whom to give a free game.

it's on steam.

Hax, but sign me up.

That would be a good deal if Bioshock wasn't terrible.

MGlBlaze:
Cite a source, please.

Although such a deal would be good for people who have not played the original Bioshock, for people like me it is useless as not only have I already played it, I have no friends whom to give a free game.

lol, says the one with a steam acc

MGlBlaze:
Cite a source, please.

I'll take it *he smiles hopefully*

I just love the "I didn't like Bioshock"-replies. What the hell are you doing in a thread called "Free Bioshock if you buy Bioshock 2" if you don't like the first game? Wait, let me answer my own question: Threadshitting. You bring nothing in the form of discussion, so why even bother with it?

Good deal, would definately buy the game on PC if it wasn't a piece of trash (my PC, that is.) More developers should start looking into this sort of marketing for their not-so-recent releases; it's a good way of insuring that people actually are up to speed on the story you're trying to tell.

Cool, thanks for the heads up mate!

Fiskmasen:
Wait, let me answer my own question: Threadshitting. You bring nothing in the form of discussion, so why even bother with it?

The bane of the Escapist.

I'd buy it if I wasn't limited to 5 installs because I'm considered a criminal.

snowplow:
I'd buy it if I wasn't limited to 5 installs because I'm considered a criminal.

I wouldn't worry about that on Steam.

Free game i already have, Hooray!

Which platform would you guys reccommend? Is the Pc version just as good as the console versions?

That'd be cool since I haven't played the first one yet...but if it's only for the PC, count me out. I prefer my games to be on consoles. I just enjoy them more that way.

archvile93:

What didn't you like about it?

My excuse is I'm a wuss and can't handle BioShock.

dannipulsa:

MGlBlaze:
Cite a source, please.

lol, says the one with a steam acc

Well, I don't check the Steam Store all that often, so I was unaware of it. Even if I did know, however, I would still have asked him to cite the source because clearly a bunch of others also did not know.

My excuse is that Digital Distribution is for the sucks.

Huh, it was a featured story on the Escapist... Wonder why no one noticed that...

Plurralbles:
when Oblivion decided to come with it is when you lostthe excuse not to have it.

Oblivion owns.

Pimppeter2:
My excuse is that Digital Distribution is for the sucks.

Correction!

Digital Distribution is for trashy people.

Like the Daleks..."EX TER MIN ATE"!

I'd assume most people WANTING Bioshock 2 will own Bioshock one, so it's a bit pointless.
Unless you sell it, then you get profit.

saejox:
now you have no excuse not to play bioshock.
it says 10/2 as release date. i didnt know it's that close.
mass effect 2 blinded me.

Link?? That may well tempt me?

MiracleOfSound:

archvile93:

Well lets see see. There's inconsitent hit detection (aparently splicer heads are non corporeal). There's the fact that plasmids are completely useless in every sense of the word except where the game forces you to use them (and even then I'm better off using the wrench in cases like Peach Wilkens). Then there's the fact that splicers can take two machine gun clips of antipersonel rounds without dieing on the later levels, coupled with the fact that you get enough ammo to...how did Yahtzee put it? Oh yeah, "worry half a scout troop." I had to beat a an elite bouncer to death with a wrench because I quite literally had no ammo whatsoever, and the plasmids I had (Fire 3) didn't even do enough damage to kill a regular splicer without using every last drop of eve I had. The fact is, you don't know what over rated shit is until you've played Bioshock, so for everyone reading this, stop complaining about Halo and MW2.

archvile93:

MiracleOfSound:

archvile93:

Well lets see see. There's inconsitent hit detection (aparently splicer heads are non corporeal). There's the fact that plasmids are completely useless in every sense of the word except where the game forces you to use them (and even then I'm better off using the wrench in cases like Peach Wilkens). Then there's the fact that splicers can take two machine gun clips of antipersonel rounds without dieing on the later levels, coupled with the fact that you get enough ammo to...how did Yahtzee put it? Oh yeah, "worry half a scout troop." I had to beat a an elite bouncer to death with a wrench because I quite literally had no ammo whatsoever, and the plasmids I had (Fire 3) didn't even do enough damage to kill a regular splicer without using every last drop of eve I had. The fact is, you don't know what over rated shit is until you've played Bioshock, so for everyone reading this, stop complaining about Halo and MW2.

It's funny, every one of the issues you mentioned is undeniably present in the game, but I still loved it.

I found that I was able to get past the problems with the shooting mechanics, high level enemies with no visual indications of thier higher power, clunky aiming and the awful, blocky character models.

Why?

Because the city of Rapture was just such an amazing place to explore and learn about. It was the little details that captivated me... the neon signs, or art-deco woodwork in the Theatre, or the Neon Signs over the shops in Fort Frolic...

The story was also fantastic.

But you definately have a point, it had a lot of technical issues that hampered the fun somewhat.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked