inFamous switches back to old design.

Apparently infamous has switched back to it's roots.
"Due to the stage in development, I can't tell you exactly what he looks like, but I can tell you he looks more like the person we played as in the original Infamous and less like the man who was in all of those E3 screens and videos."
Also a new cut scene has been released.
Just follow the link. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1108060p1.html
Personally, the cut scene looks great, back to the games roots, but I'm just gonna consider "New Maibasa" New Orleans from now on, with the flood and major parties, it just seems ridiculous to have it under any other name. Looking forward to playing this.

Good, they listened.
That's... Really all I have to say.

Thank god. The new design for Cole was waaay too pretty. There is nothing pretty about Cole or his story, or anything that happens around him. The only thing that IS pretty is the light show he shoots from his ass. I'm very happy they are making Cole look more like the old Cole. He was a good guy. Rough around the edges, but I still liked him.

Thank God! I was really starting to hate the new Cole. And it looks like it's going to have the same style as the first game, as well, which is totally awesome!

I kind of wish they'd get a new voice actor still though; Cole's old voice was kind of gravelly, but this guy just sort of sounds like a generic douche. Ah well, what's important is that this game keeps looking better and better!

Generator:
I kind of wish they'd get a new voice actor still though; Cole's old voice was kind of gravelly, but this guy just sort of sounds like a generic douche. Ah well, what's important is that this game keeps looking better and better!

When ever I hear this voice actor I expect Ellis to start with one of his L4D story's.

"Did I tell ya about the time me and keith were on top of a building fighting zombies?"

Oh well, its still developing, lets see if they make any other changes.

WOW I GOT NINJA'D. LOL I just made a thread on this literally 3 seconds ago.

Looks better already! NOW I can't wait

IamSofaKingRaw:
WOW I GOT NINJA'D. LOL I just made a thread on this literally 3 seconds ago.

I saw I was gonna comment and say "HA HA! Looks like some one is late to the SUCKER PUNCH IS CHANGING COLE'S LOOK BACK AND I ALREADY MADE A THREAD ABOUT THIS." Nananan Boo Boo Stick Your head in doo doo.

Well, it sounds like he has severe nasal congestion instead of a cancer destroyed layrnx now. I liked it more when he was gargling nails, broken glass, and gravel. Sounded like Solid Snake.

Well thats good.

It was kind of odd how Cole went from an old-looking, world weary Cole into a younger, more naive Cole. After the end of the first game:

It just doesn't seem like he would get all cocky and seem more lighthearted.

And is it just me, or does he sound like Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2?

Irridium:
Well thats good.

It was kind of odd how Cole went from an old-looking, world weary Cole into a younger, more naive Cole. After the end of the first game:

It just doesn't seem like he would get all cocky and seem more lighthearted.

And is it just me, or does he sound like Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2?

Now some one is gonna mod L4D2 so that everyone can... shoot.... ligh- THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

I saw this thread and thought "Oh, please god, please don't let this be a troll. Let this be real." Sucker Punch just got that much more awesome because of this.

But wait, I thought everyone hated the old Cole?

Glad they ousted that pretty boy imposter from my inFamous. Now I get to lord it over every tool who preferred the new Cole.

You know who you are, and now you know you were wrong.

So they're still spineless... good to know.

And here I was hoping for a well written explanation to how Cole became the new version of himself, then they could have kept some credibility instead of practically confirming my suspicions that someone in marketing went "DERP!" at them and they bent over for it.

They might as well have kept everything originally as it was in the first if this is the case, now they really have no excuse for even having started this nonsense to begin with. In fact, they're bending so far backwards now that I'm starting to wonder if they acquired the Morphball.

That they're still making this game constitutes a greater disappointment to me than which physical model they're using. The entire third-person beat-'em-up genre, in my opinion, is stale, and I continue to believe that it should have died out about a decade ago.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked