Shiny Shiny Pokies!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

so this morning i was trecking through Ilex Cave when out of nowhere a Green Zubat flutter over, luckily I had Celine the Bellsprout at the front of my team so i quickly subdued and captured it, this makes my 4th encountered Shiny and 3rd captured (damn blue Electrode, explode on ME will you?!)

so heres my track record, whats yours?

imageimageimageimageimage

incidently, the zubat is my only one outside gen3 (it was in HG)
just to be clear, the red gyarados doesnt count!

Urrm, that's five, but you said 4.

And the only non scripted one I've come across was a shiny Gastly, which is a terrible shiny, because at later stages there is basically no difference.

Just thought i'd say I am envious of every other person that replies in this thread.
Shiny pokemon seen = 0

Got a shiny pikachu once upon a time.

Unfortunately I was young and didn't know what they were back then. So thinking it was no big deal I restarted the game.

Shad0w Assas5in:
Just thought i'd say I am envious of every other person that replies in this thread.
Shiny pokemon seen = 0

I feel your pain. :(

I tend to have a lot of free time on my hands, so sometimes when I'm bored I'll go "shiny hunting" in Diamond using the PokeRadar. I have a boxfull of shinies, but unfourtunately most of them are either ugly or don't look very different at all. (Ever seen a shiny Natu or Phanphy? Absolutely no difference.)

Other than that, I haven't had many shinies. I had a shiny Tyrogue in Crystal, a barf-green Beedrill in FireRed, and two shinies in SoulSilver (which where, strangely enough, caught within a week of eachother, and both outside Mt.Silver.)

Black Rayquaza, but I kept turning the game off, and going back until he was shiny, so I'm not sure it counts. Other than that, the only encounter I had was a shiny sentret... in the beginning of Gold before I ever got poke'balls. RAGE!

I randomly came across a shiny Shellos in Diamond. That's it.

My luck with chaining has been poor cause I got distracted at the moment where I needed to be looking at the grass patches quite often...

I lost track at the number of Shiny pokemon I hatched. The Masuda Method is amazing

FactualSquirrel:
Urrm, that's five, but you said 4.

And the only non scripted one I've come across was a shiny Gastly, which is a terrible shiny, because at later stages there is basically no difference.

ive encountered 4, the gold vulpix i got in a trade for the green doduo (well, dodtrio)

Aura Guardian:
I lost track at the number of Shiny pokemon I hatched. The Masuda Method is amazing

really? even with that meathod youre still facing 2000+ to 1 odds right?

I've only ever had a shiny unknown, which is blue.

I have only one shiny.

Unless you count from when he was a Riolu in which case two!

interspark:

Aura Guardian:

really? even with that meathod youre still facing 2000+ to 1 odds right?

Correct. I still hatched a good number of them. Heck...here's a recent one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nyOl_Ub4nw.
Bare in mind. I don't hatch one after another. It takes time still. Like sometimes I'll get it in one egg...or in 300 eggs

a friend of a friend once set sail from lilicove and, on the way, encountered a wailmer and, you know how fate has a sense of humour? well he had never seen a wailmer before and evedently didnt notice the shower of stars, so he defeated the purple blob and continued his quest, ouch!

I have a Shiny Ghastly on FireRed. He has his own box in the PC.

I think that's the only shiny pokemon I've ever seen, let alone captured. However, I did capture a Sneasel that had the PokeVirus thingy. Didn't know what it meant, so he's been sitting in a box on his own just in case.
Only found out what it did after my dad basically stole the DS, so I can't do much with my sick little Sneasel.

Aura Guardian:

I use the Masuda method so, for me to find shiny Pokemon is almost guaranteed if a little tedious. Red Gyarados doesn't count? Ok then I have;

Duskull (which evolved into Dusclops and Dusknoir. I count that as 3)
Pichu
Riolu
Dratini

I am pretty good with them ^^ Currently working on Driffloon.

Other then the scripted ones I'm pretty sure that I haven't seen any. Depression and envy will now begin.

Ive gotten so far:
Shiny Gengar
2 shiny raticate
shiny shaymin
shiny hariyama
shiny staravia

I don't really like shinies that much, its just a big label that says "I have 6 shinies and you don't I have too much time on my hands lol"
But hey, its my opinion. Im just a guy who enjoys the normal looks of pokemon instead of shinies (On 99% of the occaisions)

FreelanceButler:
I have a Shiny Ghastly on FireRed. He has his own box in the PC.

I think that's the only shiny pokemon I've ever seen, let alone captured. However, I did capture a Sneasel that had the PokeVirus thingy. Didn't know what it meant, so he's been sitting in a box on his own just in case.
Only found out what it did after my dad basically stole the DS, so I can't do much with my sick little Sneasel.

the pokerus enhances a pokemons stat boosts! its a super rare power up! you need to put it in your team and battle with any pokemon of yours (against wild ones or whatever) until the pokerus sign appears on all your pokies! if your sneasle has a smiley face where the sign used to be, then its too late, it still gets the stat boost but it cant pass it on

Shoggoth2588:

Aura Guardian:

I use the Masuda method so, for me to find shiny Pokemon is almost guaranteed if a little tedious. Red Gyarados doesn't count? Ok then I have;

Pichu
Riolu
Dratini

I am pretty good with them ^^ Currently working on Driffloon.

I caught Drifloon Shiny. Oh Soft Reset

Shoggoth2588:

oh no you dont! if that was the case, i would have had 8 shinies (and seen 9, DAMN ELECTRODE!!!) you know the ironic thing is that he was sitting RIGHT next to the master ball in the Aqua hideout in Emerald, if I'd just picked up the balls in a different order id have had 'im!

interspark:

FreelanceButler:

the pokerus enhances a pokemons stat boosts! its a super rare power up! you need to put it in your team and battle with any pokemon of yours (against wild ones or whatever) until the pokerus sign appears on all your pokies! if your sneasle has a smiley face where the sign used to be, then its too late, it still gets the stat boost but it cant pass it on

I already knew. But thank you for the explanation anyway.

Only one, the one that the game Gives you.
(the Red Gyarados)
I use the "no random encounters" AR cheat, so i pretty much miss every chance i have to catch a shiny.

You speak like a man who never had pokerus. I have, with 2 shinys in my party no less XD.

First pokemon i ever saw in Crysral was a siny sentret, but you have no balls at that point so no chance of catching it. So the game is bascially saying "Haha bitch, you can never have it!"

In terms of shiny i think i've been fortunate, caught about 10 in my time on just crystal. Abra, Pidgy, Tangela, Arbok, Crabby, Digglet, Spearo, Drowse and best of all Larvitar.

Once had my gameboy glitch out epically and got a shiny Dodrio that knew blizzard. Called it dorris.

I caught hundreds of shinnies
...................................while my AR was on

I've traded for a shiney Gastly, Venonat, and Slowpoke, caught a Claydol, and lost a Psyduck.

Get this: I have a shiny Chansey! It's legit, and I am very proud of it.

Purple Sharpedo, light brown Zigzagoon, teal Latios, gold Magikarp.

Zigzagoon came with Pokerus.

I got a shiny Catterpie, which I evolved into a shiny Metapod, then a Butterfry. Then I caught a shiny green Bronzor in Pokemon Platinum, and then I caught a shiny Tentacool into Pokemon Soulsilver. Sadly these are all rather common Pokemon...

I have a shiny Wooper that took me forever to find. I'm just t thankful that Woopers aren't likely to run on me.

aipom treeko and graveller.
EDIT: Quick question, can trainers have shinys?

I only encountered a shiny zubat in platinum, and I had no pokeball but a masterball. I used it.

A neon green Ursaring. I love him.

I've seen another, a zubat, but because it was on a Nuzlocke run I killed it.

Well, that's rather easy, a shiny bellsprout that I managed to catch and never use, and a shiny hoot-hoot.....in the short segment where you can't have any pokeballs on you. Both were in pokemon silver, both are my only glimpses of shinnies.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked