Possible Half-Life Reveal

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

In the latest issue of Game Informer, many people have already found

Someone also found a link to this website.

Now I'm probably jumping the gun by a whole lot, but a large sinking ship that could be the Borealis and a mysterious game reveal could mean HL2 Ep. 3 or HL3.

I'm mildly intrigued.

Um, is there anything at all that actually links this to Half Life in any way?

I'm not an expert on Half-Life lore, but wasn't the Borealis supposed to be located in some arctic setting? Like, frozen to the side of an ice-cliff and all that jazz?

It'd be nice if it really were an announcement, but this image doesn't say much.

RebelRising:
I'm not an expert on Half-Life lore, but wasn't the Borealis supposed to be located in some arctic setting? Like, frozen to the side of an ice-cliff and all that jazz?

It'd be nice if it really were an announcement, but this image doesn't say much.

yup. no ice, no borealis.

Indeed. Judith Mossman has found Borealis in the arctic.

Gotta go check my mail for that issue. I give it 1:420 odds

L3m0n_L1m3:

Not that I see.

How is this related to Half Life again?

This image, I see nothing having to do with Half-Life.

Seriously, sorry to spoil your celebration, but Half-Life isn't the only game with a boat in its lore.

Maybe it's episode 3 but it takes place BEFORE the Borealis was in the arctic. Mind blown.

No! If Valve put it off for long enough, eventually people would stop caring aboot episode 3 and they could abandon it preventing any further damage to gaming from the franchise.

So the reveal's on my birthday?

Please let it be Episode 3! It'll be the perfect birthday present!

Even though by the look of it, it probably wouldn't be.

Or this is a reveal for a completely separate game that isn't related to Half Life in any way, shape or form.
Because honestly, this has no evidence whatsoever. You can take any game that had a cruise liner in a scene, and say that it is a reveal involving that.

My friend, you haven't kept up too well.

THAT is the Borealis.

I think this picture is actually related to a new Tomb Raider game, though I might be wrong.

I could think borealis, but i remember it beying stuck on the ice.... unless some event brang the ship to the ocean... or something made the ice melt?

No no it cant be... just making false hopes in hope they released the continuaton to the aventure of my favourite game....

THis is problably another terror sci-fi in yet another ship or something like it...

Skorpyo:

THAT is the Borealis.

Indeed.

This looks more like a Poseidon Adventure game *shudders*.

L3m0n_L1m3:

That ship could be the Borealis. Thats just about it.

As much as I'd like it to be, this doesn't look like the Borealis.

This ship (some sort of military/cruise ship?) looks to have run aground on some rocks. Was the Borealis not trapped in the ice?

Anyway, consulting that occassionally useful resource when faced with a cryptic website, the source, releaved the following meandaring arrangement of letters and punctuation:

A survivor is Born,new secrets,apocalypse,end game

Still none the wiser, however.

L3m0n_L1m3:

The last game ended with Gordon and the others trying to find a ship that vanished carrying...something, its been a while since I played Episode 2, but they're looking for some kind of weapon on a ship that just vanished. The whole purpose of this is to just guess at it. They're not gonna reveal it until next month anyways.

Anyway, with a bit of digging, looks like this pic has managed to get the Tomb Raider rumour machine churning. Whether you think that's a good thing or not is up to you.

Edit: sod it, lost half the post then managed to goof up the quote tags....

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. It was supposed to be icy. If it were Half-Life... it would be a stretch.

Skorpyo:

THAT is the Borealis.

you know..
i dont keep up with the lore..

but why does that look as if it was put in there?

and made to stay?

i thought it was 'portal'd' into there?

and..

it wont be

but does that sun, seem just a little too bright?

Well, if I'm not mistaken, that's pretty much the same font as the one from the Portal 2 logo. You never know...

On a side note, I hope that Ep. 3 changes up the arsenal that we've been using since HL2 (But the gravity gun stays, no questions asked).

I can't figure out how "a survivor is born" fits into the half-life franchise...

unless they're talking about the 8.5 lb anomaly named Lamarr that went up in the rocket!!!

thiosk:
I can't figure out how "a survivor is born" fits into the half-life franchise...

unless they're talking about the 8.5 lb anomaly named Lamarr that went up in the rocket!!!

I was thinking that exact same thing.

RebelRising:

Valve has not disclosed anything regarding the Borealis since the concept art.
Since it was concept art, how Ep3 could actually be right now may have deviated very far from what initial concepts may have indicated.

thiosk:

Since the Suppression Field's down, pregnancy and child-bearing would then be possible in the Half Life universe. If a child was born, it would be the first one in decades, a la Children of Men.

MarsProbe:
Anyway, with a bit of digging, looks like this pic has managed to get the Tomb Raider rumour machine churning. Whether you think that's a good thing or not is up to you.

Edit: sod it, lost half the post then managed to goof up the quote tags....

Seems much more likely than episode 3 but it's still pure speculation.
Also, thanks for the link but wtf to that website? It's reason for the ad being for Tomb Raider is

vg247.com:
It says "A Survivor is Born" in the ad posted in the magazine, and there's a website up with the same name

What kind of troll logic is that?

thiosk:

No, it's definitely talking about the garden gnome.

Souplex:
No! If Valve put it off for long enough, eventually people would stop caring aboot episode 3 and they could abandon it preventing any further damage to gaming from the franchise.

Silly canook, this is the Half Life series and Valve we're talking about here. There will never be a world where people will as a collective whole stop caring about either.

And as stated before, the one of two (I believe) released concept art images for Ep 3 show the Borealis stuck in ice, and in Ep 2 it's been stated that it's somewhere stuck in the arctic. The ship in the OP clearly isn't.

It COULD also be a reveal for more info on resistance 3. If not, then I doubt its anything half-life related.

It is in no way related to anything Half-Life.

...And, you know, that could very well be water in the Arctic. It's hard to tell from one pic, though.

I invite you to look to whois.

http://whois.domaintools.com/asurvivorisborn.com

Go to site profile, or sites hosted on that server.

Nothing relating to half life, sadly, considering reverse IP points to 2012, and half life is well. Not at that time, right?

Using this logic, this is a trailer for half life 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avaSdC0QOUM.

Goldeneye103X2:
It COULD also be a reveal for more info on resistance 3. If not, then I doubt its anything half-life related.

Yeah, but Game Informer just did a story on Resistance 3, and it seems unlikely that they'd cover the same game twice in a row.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked