KoTOR 2 Ending

I loved the original KoTOR. That being said...

Oh dear Jesus H. Christ, Lord in Heaven, that was the worst ending I've ever fucking seen. I scoped around Google a bit, and I know it got cut, but...what in the nine, greenish-blue Hells did I just witness!?

I had a good time for most of the game, until it got to the ending planet. I played through bug after glitch and after glitch after bug, and while I know this has probably been said a million times, I simply can not express at how disappointed I am. This is beyond Too Human disappointment This is beyond Fable 2 disappointment. This is beyond the eventual FF7 remake disappointment. (And I STILL want it.)

I want to know how my fellow Escapists reacted, and coped, with this blasphemy.

EDIT: Bermes had

I enjoyed the game, even though I played it on PC on Windows 7 so it was buggy as hell. The ending was god awful though.

loved the game hated the ending cant wait the TOR

No one liked the ending. Even people who loved KOTOR 2 (like me) hated the ending. *shrug*

I recommend downloading the Sith Lords Restoration Project Mod. The ending makes a little more sense, and it integrates some of the original planned content for it. (Such as the HK factory and character deaths) It's still rather jarring without a cutscene in between the Ravager and Malachor, but you do at least know why the hell you're suddenly there. The ending cutscene itself is still weak as hell, but you do at least get better closure.

Overall though, I really like the game. In some ways, I like it even more than the first game. I like how you can influence your companions, I like the tweaks made to the combat system, and I find the story to be a bit more intriguing. It's just a shame the end gets so damn confusing.

I remember being disappointed with the ending. Then, several months later--or perhaps even several years--I started to hear that the game had been heavily cut at parts. I began to look into this and soaked up as much information as I could. I love Star Wars, so it was easy to retain most of it. After learning about how the game was supposed to be, I went back and played it. The flaws were more glaring, but I knew what they were supposed to be and how the story was supposed to go. That made the ending more...endurable. The one thing I didn't like was that a lot of your characters were supposed to die. I'm glad that got cut.

If I'm totally honest I haven't actually beaten the game. I got to Mallachor (is that how you spell it?) and I had no idea what the fuck was going on. In fact, Pretty much since the shit that happened on Dantooine I had pretty much been going "What the Fuck?" for the rest of the game. I also got killed by the storm beasts (or whatever those things were) about a million times because I decided it would be awesome to be a Jedi that dual-weilded pistols. I still really like the game, hell I tried playing through again recently (although I gave up pretty quick cos I got bored) and I'm still finding shit that I never knew was there (like the HK protocol package, I laughed like idiot for a week after every time I remembered it!). I was going to install the restoration patch but I couldn't find it. But anyway, even though i never got to the ending I wouldn't be surprised if it was pretty damn bad.

PhunkyPhazon:
I recommend downloading the Sith Lords Restoration Project Mod.

Restoration Project was the never-finished mod by 'Team Gizka'.

Restored Content Mod was the one that the modders actually finished. Just saying. I've always thought it was a shame that the genuine mod is so constantly confused for the abject failure that was the Restoration Project.

Anyway, LINK.

The game makes much, much more sense with this mod installed. It's still got an abrupt and unfinished ending, but there's enough content that's been, well, restored that things finally make sense. Why am I fighting? Who am I fighting? Where am I fighting? Answered. Hell, with the mod installed I can genuinely appreciate the story that Obsidian were trying to tell, and it's a surprisingly solid and well thought out story. A different take on a familiar setting. I liked it! A lot actually. Enough that I'm tempted to say Kotor 2 is my proffered of the series although by no means am I deriding the original Kotor.

Problem with the original is that it was story-wise a one trick pony. It did one thing, but it did that one thing really, really well. For Kotor 2 the developers wisely decided there was no way they could 'one up' the original games twist without seeming derivative, and so instead went for something completely different. A much more tightly focused story focusing less on the Jedi and Sith themselves so much as their impact on the world around them. Clever!

Shame the ending was pure shit... and it was. The mod above fixes some of that, but we'll probably never get to see how the developers intended and dreamed for the game to finish. Shame.

Anyway, youtube trailer for the mod:

The Madman:

PhunkyPhazon:

~Snip

Oops, that's the one I meant. I always get the two mixed up =P

Maybe they should try calling it something different? I mean the names for both projects are rather generic and sound alike, and like you said they get mixed up all the time.

PhunkyPhazon:

The Madman:

PhunkyPhazon:

~Snip

Oops, that's the one I meant. I always get the two mixed up =P

Maybe they should try calling it something different? I mean the names for both projects are rather generic and sound alike, and like you said they get mixed up all the time.

Bit late for that now unfortunately considering the mod's been released for quite awhile now. Can't blame em though, what else could they have named it? The 'putting old new content back into the game' mod?

I liked it, but to be fair, I did not get far in the first.
Also the end was blurry, since alot happened really fast. (The battle against the bad guy on the covor seemed rushed and unimportant)
An inside joke with my brother though, if you rush through the dialogue properly in the end, she says "I used you, I used you, I used you, I used you, and I used you"....Really?

Great, GREAT game...marred with bugs, cut content, and yes, one of the worst endings ever. This is why I want a KOTOR 3...not a MMO...

The ending to the first Kotor was not that great, but it worked. It was very short and did not really give a good epilogue, but as far as tying everything up, it worked. The problem with Kotor2 was that the game built up to that point and then just fell off. There was no closure to the characters in the game (which you spent a large portion gathering, training, and influencing). Why there was such a hard deadline on the game i do not know, but i'm almost as disappointed as not having a Kotor3 in the works any time soon.

LogicNProportion:
I want to know how my fellow Escapists reacted, and coped, with this blasphemy.

"What the...? That's it? Was I playing a beta or something?" - More or less like that.

I might not have been so bad if the game was bad, but the game was, up to a point, pretty awesome and I really wanted to see where the story was going. Nowhere, apparently, was the answer.

By comparison, Bloodlines by Troika was also an unfinished game, followed shortly by the developer's demise, but it still had six endings, all of which made sense and completed the story.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked