So, PS3 owners....

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

>mfw I only use my PS3 to SP games and jrpg's

I only play my PS3 for backwards compatibility and every once in a while for Mirror's Edge. I wouldn't notice if PSN had ever gone down.

Computer. Steam. 95 games on said Steam. I'm fine without my PS3.

I've been fine with it. When I'm on my PS3, its Oblivion I'm playing at the moment, otherwise I'm on the Wii trying to finally finish Okami.

Well, I mostly play SP, but I dunno, it feels weird not being connected at all O_O

IamSofaKingRaw:
got RDR 2 months ago, barely did anything. (Traveling on horse from city to city was very annoying.)

you know there is a fast travel?

It hasn't affected me at all, I have plenty of sp games anyway.

Hasn't bothered me in the slightest, being that most of my games are the story driven/single player kind of breed. I don't get off on competitive online multiplayer like much of the population, to me THAT'S boring.

Oh That Dude:

Radelaide:

JackWestJr:
Has everyone forgot that games also have NON-ONLINE components? God, c'mon people, if this is the case, what was gaming before this generation like? O_O

My point, too! What the hell? You don't want to play games unless you're not playing against someone else online? Here's a though! Get a friend to play with you! Jeez...

/goes back to playing her single player games and enjoying them.

Yeah, you guys! Stop enjoying different things to us! Dicks.

My point is: If you can't enjoy a game by yourself, then what the hell is the point? And yes, I am a dick but for ENTIRELY different reasons.

I've been playing Arcana Heart 3 offline.

IamSofaKingRaw:
Subtopic: For some reason, I find games like RDR and Assassins Creed boring because of the fact that you have to spend most of your time traveling to missions. You are bound by ingame laws to not go on rampant murdering sprees so you can't do anything entertaining on your way to mission markers either. Got AC2 when it came out, only completed about 10% of it, got RDR 2 months ago, barely did anything. (Traveling on horse from city to city was very annoying.)

There were rules against the occasional murder rampage in the AC series? Noone told me!

I have a high end gaming PC so... I have not been affected in the least.

Well the only two games that I'm getting in these next two months are LA Noir and inFamous 2. Neither of them have multiplayer, so PSN can stay down for as long as it wants!

LetalisK:
Hasn't affected me too much. I recently got a PS3 and I wanted to set up netflix on it, but I can't until this BS is over. I guess for now I will just stick with my PC for online gaming.

That's odd. My Netflix has been working fine for the last few days even with PSN being down. Then again, if you haven't even set it up, it might be an issue.

OP: I don't mind too much. My PS3 was bought used from a guy in my town for $300, with 6 current games. I bought it mainly so I could replace my most watched DVDs with BluRay copies, and play a few of the exclusives. Even if I never play another game on it, I got my money's worth. I have a 360 for the cross platform games, and I don't use PSN enough to care. I enjoy the fact that it's free, and I find it easier to use than XBL, but I'm not a huge fan of multiplayer competition.

JoshGod:

IamSofaKingRaw:
got RDR 2 months ago, barely did anything. (Traveling on horse from city to city was very annoying.)

you know there is a fast travel?

I 100 percented RDR. I didn't notice that there was quick travel until about 95%. I want 3 days of my life back...

Honestly, aside from me wanting to re-download my Klassic Reptile skin and Fatality (Long story short, the update made story mode freeze at the same mission, had to delete it, you know the rest.) I'm ok without online. I want access to my account and PS Store, but I can wait.

I haven't noticed, too busy playing Mortal Kombat on my Xbox 360.

I feel..... I dunno, lonely, I guess. I don't go out much as the place I live in has fuck all to do, and the only people I talk to on a consistent basis are my friends on PSN. I've been spending most of the day playing DIsgaea on my DS, and reading the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

That makes me sound incredibly pathetic T_T

IamSofaKingRaw:
How you been holding up these past 48 hours with no PSn.

I find it annoying in the same way I would find it annoying if, say, HBO was out. Or half my basic cable channels. Or whatever. Not as annoying as I would find an internet outage - but annoying.

It's that basic human nature to just want things to *work* and not have to deal with crap. Having it unavailable makes you almost want to use it more. ;)

It's not that bad. I mean, I've been playing offline for like 15 years now, if you think about it. I've only been playing online for like a year. Yeah, I think I can handle it. I think I'm capable of going back to my offline mode and enjoying my games.

Seriously, what's the big deal about it? Yeah, I understand this is supposed to be a free service and that we should not be putting up with this despite the reasons (I just found out why this happened). But it's not THAT bad. Most only gamers in CoD and whatnot are people who play the game 25 hours per day, which just sucks the fun right out of the game. It's fine for a while...but what's wrong with going back to offline content? It's not like it's gonna last forever anyway.

Trophies? Yeah, I guess it sucks you can't get some of them. But that's fine. I play games because I LIKE to play games, not because I want someone to pat me in the back every time I do something cool. That's just gravy.

oh right >.> PSN is down,
well
its not effected me at all since my PS 3 is never online :p

I've mostly been playing my Wii and PSP lately... And some single player PS3 games.
I hadn't really been using my PS3 latley anyway, and the controler's been burried under easter crap for the past few days, so I've been spending time with DKCR on the Wii

I haven't touched my PS3 in a couple of weeks so it hasn't bothered me at all. It probably wouldn't either since I don't play online very often.

I can't remember playing any online multiplayer games since Counter-Strike 1.6, so it hasn't affected me at all.

Still a dick move, whoever's responsible.

Not too bad, I've been occupied by schoolwork, so I wouldn't have much time anyway. I just spend the rest of free time I have here.

I still want to do that steam/PS3 connection thing for Portal 2, but I can't.

Eh, I got good single player games. Mass Effect 2, Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo 5 Career, Assassins' Creed Brotherhood, Dead Space 2. I really haven't done anything competitive for awhile. I ain't complaining. So what's the message said hackers were trying to send?

WaaghPowa:

RDR was good for story and atmosphere for me, traveling is always a pain, while Assassin's Creed I've never found too interesting anyway. I'd like to see an Assassin's Creed take place in Feudal Japan, enough of Italy.

Good idea. You deserve a cookie.

It is unbearable!

Seriously, PSN needs to get up and running soon. :/ I've been having the urge to play Saints Row 2 with my boyfriend! Not only that but we both sleep with our headsets on so it's like we're kind of sleeping together. Long distance relationship. :/ And ever since we couldn't sleep together, I've been sleeping horribly and less! So has he. :( It needs to work soon!

jackpipsam:
the answer is LIVE

Seriously, are you trying to piss people off? This is, what, the third post you've made simply to bash Sony? One of those was even in a thread totally unrelated to gaming.

Sir John the Net Knight:
People actually use PSN? I swear to god, there's never anyone on it.

Huh, what are you talking about? A lot of ppl use PSN, many online games have many players constantly.

The only thing that bothers me (aside from the fact that I can't play Co-op Portal 2, but that bothers everyone so we'll leave it out) is that I can't upload my trophies. I have Dead Space: Extraction, Dead Space 2, Killzone 3, and Portal 2 trophies that I want to upload so I can see what level I'm at, but I can't. Bother.

I use my PS3 to charge my phone's earpiece (yes, the Sony one marketed as being for the PS3) and watching Blu Rays. The only game I have for it at this point is a single player anyway so, I haven't noticed or cared.

I'm only playing single player games on my other consoles too so if Xbox Live were to go down it would be just as devastating (ie: not at all)

I have never put my PS3 onto the PSN...

I was in the mood for some Marvel vs Capcom 3, and I wanted to download a couple games. That's the only way it has affected me. It's still annoying as hell, though. I've got a pretty big backlog of games, and I really don't play online much (MvC3 is really it).

TheYellowCellPhone:
I only play my PS3 for backwards compatibility and every once in a while for Mirror's Edge. I wouldn't notice if PSN had ever gone down.

Blasphemy! The PS3 isn't backward compatible!

Oh, wait, it WAS backward compatible. it went the way of the other OS option. I really think this is going to be my last Sony console.

ShadowKatt:

TheYellowCellPhone:

Blasphemy! The PS3 isn't backward compatible!

Oh, wait, it WAS backward compatible. it went the way of the other OS option. I really think this is going to be my last Sony console.

Didn't they take it out so that the PS3 wouldn't cost a shit-ton amount of money to create and purchase?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked