The most disturbing thing you've seen in gaming.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Title says it all. What moment in gaming had a disturbing impact on you. It doesn't need to be a horror game or even a bloody one. Mine would have to be in Persona 3 where the teens "shoot" themselves with a Envoker, which is basically a gun. I don't know, something about teenagers shooting themselves to summon their Persona is rather creepy to me.

Can't wait to hear what you guys come up with.

Duke Flinging poo like a monkey. And the new Mortal Combat.

Well, I haven't played it, but I've seen the footage of the women in DNF in pain, before being shot. That one is fresh in my mind.

EDIT: Oh, and that one part at the end of Fable 2. With all the dead bodies and that music box.

Mass child grave in SWAT 4.

The part in Silent Hill 2 when you see Pyramid Head raping two manniquins.

Maybe I was just suprised by it, but it made me fucking sick.

Honestly, the scene in the original God of War where you have to zap the poor guy on the other end of the bridge leading to the Oracle. I guess it's because I'm not one of those people who enjoys being a dick in games JUST to be a dick, but killing all these innocents to get through the game honestly shocked me.

That scene was especially bad because I felt so bad for the guy. If that was an IRL situation, I'd be just like him, cowering and unwilling to let those monsters get anywhere near me.

That....and then the scene in Silent Hill 2 where Pyramid Head just STARES at you on the other side of the grate. He doesn't do or say anything and then in the next scene he's gone. Honestly, that creeped me out more than anything else in that game.

Condemned 2 had some creeeeepy images. Then there's also Dragon Age's Brood Mother and God of War's seamstress...thing.

CM156:
Well, I haven't played it, but I've seen the footage of the women in DNF in pain, before being shot. That one is fresh in my mind.

As far as I know, they're just getting teleported.

"What's this Goddess? An intruder? He is ugly. Ugly! UGGLLLLYYYYYYY!"

When you hear how Brood Mothers are made. Shit is fucked up.

EDIT: Also, it's not in gaming, but never Google "shit is fucked up". Even on moderate safe search.

RapeLay.

Just RapeLay. Urgh. If you know about it, you know what it is.

The part in Silent Hill two where the 6 corpses are hanging from the ceiling and you had to decide which one is innocent by that creepy murder children's poem on the wall behind it. Then again, pretty much every moment from Silent Hill 2. And that one part in bioshock when you meet the doctor who is obsessed with symmetry and start stabbing the corpse.

Yassen:

I'm going to have to agree with this one. The first enemy in a game to genuinely creep me the fuck out.

The final scene from Condemned: Criminal Origins ... yeah, the one with the mirror.

Yeah, Creator,...yeah... I really have to wonder about Japan sometimes...

Mine would have to be the opening scene of Persona 3. More specifically...

Man I really need to finish that game.

Recently, DNF, where you can put a rat in a microwave and it just explodes.
That freaked me out more than SH2.

I still get a headache thinking about how someone thought that would be a good conclusion to that game, and it tops the creepy things I've seen in Silent Hill. Yes, even two headed baby things and mannequin abuse.

Necromancer Jim:

Yassen:

I'm going to have to agree with this one. The first enemy in a game to genuinely creep me the fuck out.

Quite a disturbed character, yes, but played for laughs. Or at least I laughed, when he said "this one: too fat, this one: too tall, this one: too symmetrical!"

I have to say, in terms of first time impact, this:

Creator002:
RapeLay.

Ok, I didn't know what this was and I Googled it. This is fucking sick. This game is the reason the whole industry is persecuted like it is. I'm really glad it only in Japan because Fox News would have a field day with this.

That part in Condemned: Criminal Origins with the abandoned shopping center and the mannequins that multiply in number and seem to slowly stalk you. The atmosphere and sounds just made it that much more freakin' creepy. /shiver

Edit:

Creator002:
RapeLay.

Ninja'd. /thread

This pretty much sums it all up.

Manhunt 2 Uncut - AO version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATw6FAmeMdo&feature=related

It's not letting me sign in to you tube for some reason, so i can't post pt2 up.

suprised no one mentioned COD:MW 2 terrorist attack on a public airfield.
I bought the game on release day, so I hadn't heard about the level in the media. Kinda took me off my feet, felt really brutal the first time.

And pretty much everything to do with the Tainted Coil, actually.

Cutting off Ethan's finger with the saw or scissors in Heavy Rain.

The others look painful as hell but the saw and scissors are the worst.

Pretty much entire Clive Barker's Jericho.

Grey Walker:
Mass child grave in SWAT 4.

Copy paste that and you got my answer!

bussinrounds:
Manhunt 2 Uncut - AO version

It's not letting me sign in to you tube for some reason, so i can't post pt2 up.

Fixed it for you

OT: I never really have had a scary moment in gameing, Then again I tend not to play scary games. However if I were to say the "Scareist" I would say in daggerfall with the skeletons they scared the shit out of me.

Silent Hill 2 and LIMBO were just disturbing in general. However, SH2 was more "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING WHAT IS IT DOING!?" where LIMBO is more along the lines of using the corpses of freshly drowned children to cross a river, or the main protagonist (who is also a young child) dying in some horrific, Mortal Kombat-esque gruesome way. Okay, not as bad as Mortal Kombat, but still.

Dante's Inferno, killing unbaptized baby and getting an achievement for doing so.

Jonny1188:

I still get a headache thinking about how someone thought that would be a good conclusion to that game, and it tops the creepy things I've seen in Silent Hill. Yes, even two headed baby things and mannequin abuse.

Why did someone include that? Here's the thought process of the storywriter in my point of view: "Hmm... a video game about a psychic little girl stalking a man on a mission in the military... now how can I bring tits into this? Hmm..."

Custer's Revenge. Seanbaby said it best:

Custer: "Gentlemen, you are the bravest squadron of men it has ever been this Southerner's privilege to serve with. And you will need that bravery today, as your orders are to remove my pants and underpants. I will then attempt to force sex on an Indian girl under heavy enemy fire. Are there any questions?"
Custer's Military Adviser: "Yes, general. Several."

TriggerHappyAngel:
The final scene from Condemned: Criminal Origins ... yeah, the one with the mirror.

And then it turns out to be noncannon due to a sequal they never thought they'd make and shouldn't have been made.

In Tales of Symphonia where the possesed kid is giving medicine to her father that is rotting in the bed. Yuck that made me sell the game, never beat it.
If you ever listen to Tech N9nes "In the Trunk" it can disturb you the first time.

EDIT:No one said Homefronts mass grave diving yet?

The scariest thing I've play would probably be "Afraid of Monsters". It's a Half-life 1 mod.

If you haven't tried it and you want your pants soiled, I'd recommend it.

I never finished it myself, to god-damned scared. God, I never noped so hard in my life before.

Being the cold, heartless monstrous bastard excuse for a human being that I am, I can sit through season upon season of Law & Order: SVU without so much as batting an eyebrow, and I've seen so much crap on the internet that I think "What a pussy" every time I see someone talking about how brutal Mortal Kombat is.[1]

So I hope you understand how much difficulty I'm having coming up with an answer for this question. I was going to say Banballow from ILLBLEED[2], but really the idea of a mentally insane deformed man running around setting people on fire is only going to scare me if it's happening in real life in my neighborhood. And really the only thing scary about him is his face--literally.[3]

I could always say something like, "the fact that people actually liked Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy VII-VIII-X-XII-Etc/Dawn of the New World/Halo/Ferngully/whatever," followed by the trollface, but really, I think I've pulled shit like that enough.

So you know what? I'm going to say THE CONDITION OF USED GAME DISCS FFFFFFFFFF God of War II. Not that it, by itself, disturbs me, but when you get down to thinking about it, it's all about some bloke who needs more anger management sessions than Jimmy Hopkins running around committing what is evidently omnicide. "It breathes? I'll cut it into tiny little pieces! It's twenty times my size? No problem, I'll just STAB IT IN THE EYES."

And yet Kratos is meant to be the hero..? Next you'll tell me exploding penguins can star in their own spinoff of some silly grindfest RPG of silliness.

[1] Yeah, long story short I have a friend who lives in Italy--he's a very fucked up individual. One thing I learned very quickly; if someone links you to a site called "Documenting Reality," only click the link if you feel like losing your dinner and a good amount of sleep.
[2] Google at your own risk. Or look up "Let's Play ILLBLEED" by supergreatfriend on YouTube. Good tiemz!
[3] Also outrunning him would be pretty easy.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked