Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Post Game 4: In which we face off against evil

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 NEXT

CM156:

No real question this time. However, to proceed, we need a name from Caramel Frappe. As per the rules, people can suggest different names. When you've decided, Mr. Frappe, just tell me.

Rock Lobster. Make it fit.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby 25: In which we reach a climax

Question time: What legendary is your favorite? Personally, Rayquaza is mine. I had it on my team for the longest of times.

Oh, and since I used a few LotR clips, I gotta ask: How excited are you for The Hobbit?

Not really at all, but Im not a big LotR fan.

And wallace is FABULOUS!!!!!!!! and despite being gay (in every other run I see, not that theres anyhting wrong with being gay) he gets ALL the ladies. Dont be surprised if Raven never leaves once she gets stuck in the Ice Rancor Fan Girl Pit.

and just out of curiousity, what are you saving that masterball for? I thought you said you werent going for Rayquaza?

CM156:
Next time: Raven gets wet

Question time: What legendary is your favorite? Personally, Rayquaza is mine. I had it on my team for the longest of times.

Going solely by looks; Suicine.

Oh, and since I used a few LotR clips, I gotta ask: How excited are you for The Hobbit?

I think I also may have gone over my internet cap by watching the trailer over and over again.

My favorite... Look at my Avatar. Derp :3

Also. Raven gets wet?

emeraldrafael:

And wallace is FABULOUS!!!!!!!! and despite being gay (in every other run I see, not that theres anyhting wrong with being gay) he gets ALL the ladies. Dont be surprised if Raven never leaves once she gets stuck in the Ice Rancor Fan Girl Pit.

and just out of curiousity, what are you saving that masterball for? I thought you said you werent going for Rayquaza?

I may, I may not. I'd rather have it, just in case.

Also, I'm going to try to avoid any gay jokes. And yes, Wallace gets all the womens.

ChupathingyX:

CM156:
Next time: Raven gets wet

Going solely by looks; Suicine.

I think I also may have gone over my internet cap by watching the trailer over and over again.

My reaction was a mix between this:

and this

Solo-Wing:

Also. Raven gets wet?

Well, it is the water type gym. That, and the ICP joke were ones I had from the very start. I couldn't imagine not doing them at this point.

My favorite legendary is probably Reshiram. He kicks all sorts of ass.

And I am hugely excited for the Hobbit. It's gonna be epic.

I think Pokemon Let's Play's are my favorite. Just because of how much you can do with them.

pyrosaw:
I think Pokemon Let's Play's are my favorite. Just because of how much you can do with them.

Yeah, there really is quite a bit of post-game content to be had. A lot of other RPGs just end, while pokemon can go on. And on and on and on. And on.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

I may, I may not. I'd rather have it, just in case.

Also, I'm going to try to avoid any gay jokes. And yes, Wallace gets all the womens.

its good to see you have control.

and oka then. to be honest I'd love to see you just blow the ball on something thats pretty much common or useless, just for the laughs.

Oh, I never answered your other question. I think my favorite legendary has to be... well, ig uess i dont have one. So maybe I'll just say Kyogre, cause tahts the only one I ever used really.

CM156:

pyrosaw:

Yeah, there really is quite a bit of post-game content to be had. A lot of other RPGs just end, while pokemon can go on. And on and on and on. And on.

Oh come on that was fucking obvious.

CM156:

Solo-Wing:

Also. Raven gets wet?

Well, it is the water type gym. That, and the ICP joke were ones I had from the very start. I couldn't imagine not doing them at this point.

I thought it was an Ice gym...

Solo-Wing:

CM156:

pyrosaw:

Oh come on that was fucking obvious.

CM156:

Solo-Wing:

Also. Raven gets wet?

I thought it was an Ice gym...

Nope, tis a Water Gym.

OT: Why yes I am emerging from the shadows of the lurker pits. Anyway favorite legendary would be.......hmm probably MewTwo, simply because he was the only one I was able to catch without the Masterball and without having to reload.

I never really played Pokemon Ruby that much. I have nothing against it because I like all the main Pokemon games. I never had a Gameboy Advance. Good luck.

Caramel Frappe:

CM156:
35 ultra balls and 2 reloads later...

.. No way. It took 35 ultra balls and 2 reloads to capture this dude? Crap, well.. good thing you had saved the battle beforehand. Unlike real life, the 'load'/'checkpoint' is a gamers' true friend. I think it doesn't get appreciated enough, but it has saved me thousands of times from having to restart the whole darn thing.

Also the Pokemon you used, that bug... is almost one of my favorite Pokemon among the newest generation. It's just cool looking, like it's robotic, yet a bug with ninja features.

Ninjask is a really good Pokemon, but you can see it coming from a mile away on Wifi. Most popular Ninjask set to run. It's a damn good set, but you know it's coming.

Ability:Speed Boost
Moveset:
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
X-Scissor
Protect.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby 26: In which we make a splash

Question time: Of all the gyms, which one did you find to be the least believable? The idea of this water gym was just so silly, I remember laughing at it when I first played the game

Ok to answer the last question my favourite legendarys would have to be Kyogre and Suicune.

As for this weeks question, it has to be Skyla's flying type Gym with cannons in Pokemon Black/White I mean seriously like I in this thread before like way back, how does that gym avoid law suits?

Also a Harem under the gym huh and people call Wallace Gay. Besides he has a Milotic and that makes him awesome in my books. Seriously though Milotic kicks ass, defintely my favourite Pokemon.

knight of some random number:
Ok to answer the last question my favourite legendarys would have to be Kyogre and Suicune.

As for this weeks question, it has to be Skyla's flying type Gym with cannons in Pokemon Black/White I mean seriously like I in this thread before like way back, how does that gym avoid law suits?

Also a Harem under the gym huh and people call Wallace Gay. Besides he has a Milotic and that makes him awesome in my books. Seriously though Milotic kicks ass, defintely my favourite Pokemon.

I managed to avoid making any gay jokes. I'm so proud of myself.

Yeah, Milotic is rather hard to get though. I agree. Totally cool.

CM156:

False Swipes is a lifesaver here

Evade-tanking a Groudon with a Ninjask?
Classy. First time I played through Ruby, I used an Altaria (stupidly high defense, mediocre offense. Good speed. Perfect for catching anything; even at an elemental weakness), the second time, I cheaped out and used my Spore-whore Breloom.

Atmos Duality:

CM156:

False Swipes is a lifesaver here

Evade-tanking a Groudon with a Ninjask?
Classy. First time I played through Ruby, I used an Altaria (stupidly high defense, mediocre offense. Good speed. Perfect for catching anything; even at an elemental weakness), the second time, I cheaped out and used my Spore-whore Breloom.

Actually, it had more to do with the fact that I taught it false-swipes, and didn't really see the need to switch it out.

Liek used mud slap to lower accuracy, and then Ninjask false-swiped him down.

Gotta say I never really bought into most of the Gen 5 gyms. They were awesome, no doubt about it, but come on, you have a gym that depends on jumping off of speeding rollercoasters, journeying to the center of the Earth without any air vents, and shooting yourself out of cannons.

CM156:

Actually, it had more to do with the fact that I taught it false-swipes, and didn't really see the need to switch it out.

Liek used mud slap to lower accuracy, and then Ninjask false-swiped him down.

Good stuff, that Mud-Slap.
It took over 2 hours of reloading and retries for me to catch Groudon the first time.
And that was leaving him at critical, and either Paralyzed or Sleep.

The winning run had me throwing over 30 Ultra-Balls at him...ridiculous.

you'll never be as fabulous as wallace, not even if you saved 1000 worlds. XD

I think mine has to be viridian city gym. just cause hes a huge criminal boss, but still allowed to run a gym. great job police, you're certainly making me feel safe.

Holy crap I forgot to read this for a while and a ton of new updates came along!
But slightly more on topic, I remember the Wallace gym. I'm just glad the ice wasn't of the sliding variety, or that would have been a lot more annoying.

CM156:

Question time: Of all the gyms, which one did you find to be the least believable? The idea of this water gym was just so silly, I remember laughing at it when I first played the game

ep 25: can't say I like legendaries to much, but Jirachi, Registeel, and Deoxys have always been useful in competative.

I read the Hobbit and the first 1 & 1/2 lotr books, but I never cared much for the movies. (not really a swords & sorcery books/movie guy.)

I think the most ridiculous gym was Brycen's one (B/W, 7th, ice)in Icirrus city. It's like Pryce's one from GSC, but incredibly large (there are fucking gigantic ice ramps; how do they fit inside.)

sextus the crazy:

CM156:

ep 25: can't say I like legendaries to much, but Jirachi, Registeel, and Deoxys have always been useful in competative.

I read the Hobbit and the first 1 & 1/2 lotr books, but I never cared much for the movies. (not really a swords & sorcery books/movie guy.)

I think the most ridiculous gym was Brycen's one (B/W, 7th, ice)in Icirrus city. It's like Pryce's one from GSC, but incredibly large (there are fucking gigantic ice ramps; how do they fit inside.)

well, his gym does go into a mountain.

Let's Play: Pokemon Ruby Mini-Update 7: In which we cha cha real smooth

Off topic question time: Of all the games you played in 2011, which disappointed you the most? For me, it was Dragon Age 2. I liked DA:O, and I thought DA:2 was somewhat enjoyable. But it was a big disappointment to me. So I give it only a 0 on my rating scale (Which goes from -5 to +5). And maybe +1 on a good day.

Also, does anyone know what anime that picture is from?

wait... hes BEHIND the window? So he's OUTSIDE? Hes totally breaking rules. Also, wheres Chris Hansen?

Um... i dont know, I didnt really play too many 2011 games. i dont think I have one really.

And Im going to guess bleach, cause that looks like rukia.

emeraldrafael:
wait... hes BEHIND the window? So he's OUTSIDE? Hes totally breaking rules. Also, wheres Chris Hansen?

He got called away on business

Um... i dont know, I didnt really play too many 2011 games. i dont think I have one really.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I don't really watch any anime, but I have a basic idea who Rukia Kuchiki is.

CM156:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I don't really watch any anime, but I have a basic idea who Rukia Kuchiki is.

yeah, I just noticed cause of her hair. though that is probbly one of the filler episodes. Googled it, all I got was it from the bount arc.

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

yeah, I just noticed cause of her hair. though that is probbly one of the filler episodes. Googled it, all I got was it from the bount arc.

I see. That's good to know.

Personally, I know absolutely nothing about Bleach's plot or mythos. I know a few of the characters by looks, but nothing about their personality. If I had to guess, it's a bunch of dudes fighting other dudes and supernatural beings of evil.

CM156:

emeraldrafael:

CM156:

I see. That's good to know.

Personally, I know absolutely nothing about Bleach's plot or mythos. I know a few of the characters by looks, but nothing about their personality. If I had to guess, it's a bunch of dudes fighting other dudes and supernatural beings of evil.

Im not the biggest bleach fan but to realy really REALLY basically sum it up, its about soul reapers (pretty much the good dead people) fighting that bad dead people, with humans thrown in jsut cause. If you asked someone for all the details and that up to now, you could probably fill 11 pages with posts explaining in depth.

CM156:
Off topic question time: Of all the games you played in 2011, which disappointed you the most? For me, it was Dragon Age 2. I liked DA:O, and I thought DA:2 was somewhat enjoyable. But it was a big disappointment to me. So I give it only a 0 on my rating scale (Which goes from -5 to +5). And maybe +1 on a good day.

Also, does anyone know what anime that picture is from?

Anime is Bleach.

And the game I was most diapointed about was Ace Combat Assault Horizon. If I ever needed an example f a series changing to pander casual gamers I will just point to this.

I love Ace Combat. I feel violated...

Before my family got the internet I always wondered who Penn and Teller were (probably from watching too much Kenan and Kel).

As for 2011, I don't really have any as I barely played any new games.

I will say that I didn't enjoy Skyrim, but I never had much faith in it anyway so it didn't come as a disappointment.

2012 is already shaping up to be an interesting year (I hope Dawn of War III is announced).

Assasins Creed Revelations I'm trying to get into the game, but it just feels so boring.

Also the anime in the picture is Bleach.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked