Far cry 3: Blood dragon leaked

Pages 1 2 NEXT

so it seems like some hackers obtained far cry 3 : blood dragon

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/hackers-obtain-far-cry-3-blood-dragon

14 min gameplay video with awesome intro and the best tutorial section so far:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=76f_1365489609

and it looks like glorious fun.

so for discussion value:
whats your first impression on this add on now that you have a gameplay video??

which "modern" era/distopian setting would you like to visit in a game?

and would you like to see more games like this set in the near future of 20XX?

Sergeant Rex Power Colt... I have no clue why but I laughed my sides off.

This game... it looks epic. I just hope it isn't hyped to death then turns up a crapfest. And yes, we need more games like this, and we need more FPS with humor elements.

Edit: Also, the base in that video reminds me a lot of Planetside 2. I like.

It looks epic and just as cheesy as I want it. But fuck those hackers. It's their actions that drive those idiots to extreme measures like always-on DRM.

rhizhim:
snip

Looks epic. Basically a re-skinned far cry 3, which i'm ok with :)

The dragons are actually bloody real!

Love how the "heal" animations have been changed to repairing your robot parts.

Is the main characters voice actually Michael Biehn?

This could be the first decent terminator game in soooo many years.

As for your other question. Still waiting for that epic judge dredd/ mega city game.

Oh man. I'm loving the cheesy one-liners.

And that music? Wow. Powerglove are awesome.

daveman247:

they are more dinosaurs than dragons, but still they are pretty damn awesome.

maybe we should tell dvs bstrd..

DVS BSTrD:

Now I want a mod that puts dragons in Far Cry. Flying dragons you smart-ass.

close enough?

Holy crap. That music. I'm getting a Tron vibe.

So getting this.

Is this actually for sure a real thing? It had better be. If this turns out to be the worlds longest most cruel April fools day joke ever, heads will roll Ubi, mark my words.

So this just bumped up on my purchase list.

Looks like they are taking the whole "caricature stereotypes" in to sci-fi. As far as reskins go, this is a really good looking one.

That looks sweet. I love the cheesiness of everything, from "Cyber-hearts" to "MEGASHIELD". Also, the interaction between the Player Character and the HUD is hilarious. I hope all of the newly-developed assets for the game make it into the map editor: I'd love to build some neon-lit places to play in.

kman123:

So getting this.

Same here, that pounding electronica is awesome. I already like the music from Far Cry 3, and this only adds to the stellar value of the game's soundtrack. Ubisoft might not know a whole lot about some areas of expertise, but game music is definitely one I can commend them on.

That was terrible of them to hack it, but thanks to the leaked footage (the youtube video doesn't work any more, try the Twitch link) it's guaranteed me to buy it. It looks incredible! I only watched a tiny bit for spoiler's sake, but it looks and sounds beautiful. I guess if developers aren't willing to take risks with new IP, then they're at least willing to try some outlandishly different DLC.

Looks great.

The thing I've been puzzling about though is how much better the Far Cry series is than the garbage that is Crysis when they are, to my knowledge, both made by the same people.

This does look fantastic but I still ask what this has to do with FarCry at all.

And yeah, Powerglove.
They made this.

Blood Brain Barrier:
Looks great.

The thing I've been puzzling about though is how much better the Far Cry series is than the garbage that is Crysis when they are, to my knowledge, both made by the same people.

They're made by different people. Ubisoft does the Far Cry games nowadays, not Crytek.

Shocksplicer:

Blood Brain Barrier:
Looks great.

They're made by different people. Ubisoft does the Far Cry games nowadays, not Crytek.

Crytek did do Far Cry 1 though. Which is head and shoulders above any of the Cryses.

kman123:

So getting this.

there is nothing better than 80's drums in your soundtrack...

which you can listen here

https://soundcloud.com/powerglove

Blood Brain Barrier:

Shocksplicer:

Blood Brain Barrier:
Looks great.

Crytek did do Far Cry 1 though. Which is head and shoulders above any of the Cryses.

Hence why I said nowadays

There are actual dragons? Great, like Ubisoft wasn't sadistic enough with Tigers.

Blood Brain Barrier:
Looks great.

Actually, Crysis is still made by Crytek, and published by EA. The FarCry games are developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. The only thing they share is their engine. Even then, Dunia 2 (FarCry 3's engine) is a heavily modified CryEngine 3 - especially in terms of optimization.

I'm not telling you anything new if I say Crytek has a history of being condescending towards low to mid-tier system owners to ramp up their "PC Master Race" cred.

piinyouri:

This does look fantastic but I still ask what this has to do with FarCry at all.

Read this to get the "connection":

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/emea/gamesites/fcbd/static/images/itw-magazine-en-US.jpg

rhizhim:

daveman247:

they are more dinosaurs than dragons, but still they are pretty damn awesome.

Well, lots of people are wanting dinosaurs. So i guess they have them, kind of :P

I've seen robo-dogs and cybersharks mentioned too...

It also seems like your character can run faster and never suffers fall damage. Which is great because that was one of my main annoyances with farcry 3. Jason can only fall about 2 feet before dying.

piinyouri:

Theres definitely some references to it in there. And the similarity in actual gameplay is pretty blatant.

Adam Jensen:
It looks epic and just as cheesy as I want it. But fuck those hackers. It's their actions that drive those idiots to extreme measures like always-on DRM.

You do know that it was a hole in Ubisoft's own DRM that allowed people to download the game right?

In fact, using the same exploit you could get their entire catalog.

Looks awesome.

Can't wait until it actually comes out so I can get it on 360.

Gotta say, Ubisoft was pretty damn retarded to put it on their servers. Seems the hackers didn't even have to do much work.

Terminator level scifi and Farcry 3 tied together? I shall buy this!

Not a big fan of the laser weapons and the tron stuff but other than that it all looks awesome.

Well, after looking up what the hell it was, this looks very cool. Reminds me of Timesplitters just a bit, which is great. And hopefully it shouldn't cost too much seeing it's digital distribution only.

Adam Jensen:

Well actually I think the industry's own behavior drives people to this kind of hacking. Developers demand a leap of faith from the consumers, and more often than not they seem to land on a pile of crap. Things like say "Aliens Colonial Marines" are evidence of this. At this point I think it's perfectly reasonable for people to want to see the actual game before they shell out money for it, even when it comes to major DLC like this. Publishers and developers tend not to comply so that way they can roll out the shit matress whenever they want and say "happy landing". Fundementally what these hackers are doing is showing people what the devs should be showcasing before they expect people to buy something.

Just my thoughts at any rate.

I'll also say that with a leak like this it's always possible that it's intentional as well.

piinyouri:

And yeah, Powerglove.
They made this.

rhizhim:

https://soundcloud.com/powerglove

Powerglove and Power Glove are actually two different bands, the latter actually being the one that did the score for the game, and I heard somewhere that they are supposed to be releasing it for $20.

PS

If you haven't been to their website yet it's worth a look.
http://fc3blooddragon.uk.ubi.com/

Don't forget to type the Konami code while you're there too.

nignonymous:

You do know that it was a hole in Ubisoft's own DRM that allowed people to download the game right?

In fact, using the same exploit you could get their entire catalog.

Somebody found a "hole" in the system, and exploited it. That's the definition of hacking.

Therumancer:
snip

Yes there should always be a demo. I can agree with that. Failing that people can just have a little self control and wait for reviews. Using your example for aliens: It received widespread negative reviews. Yes marketing was misleading, which is why you wait.

The thing with people Pirating full games to "try" them out is then it relies entirely on the "customers" honour whether to pay for it or not. They have the whole game at that point, why should they pay for it.

Pirating/ hacking media started waaaaay before DRM came about.

@Jadwick Ooop, my mistake.

@daveman247 Well obviously the game play is the same. I meant character, theme, location wise, it seems (from what Ive seen, which I don't think I've seen all the vids and teasers) it doesn't have much to do with FarCry.

Like is it Jason playing the role of this Rex in a movie?

@Dr.Awkward Hmm, that didn't really clear anything up for me.

piinyouri:
@Jadwick Ooop, my mistake.

@daveman247 Well obviously the game play is the same. I meant character, theme, location wise, it seems (from what Ive seen, which I don't think I've seen all the vids and teasers) it doesn't have much to do with FarCry.

Like is it Jason playing the role of this Rex in a movie?

@Dr.Awkward Hmm, that didn't really clear anything up for me.

It doesnt have anything to do with Far Cry 3, but since it is "most of the time" a re-skin of Far Cry 3 there is some sense in relating both products.

Its an island built with the same texture and most of the props from Far Cry 3 with the same gameplay (just different weapons) and new enemies (that are mostly the same in the way they behave, with the exception of some 3 or 4 that are completely new like the dragon).

In the end its a Far Cry 3 Lite Edition with a thematic focus on VHS 80's stuff. The story is about 3 hours long but you have the hideouts and collectibles too so it doesnt feel all that short. The price will be at either 10$ or 15$ (probably 15$) since it will be an XBLA game too (they dont go over those prices).

The new toys are cool and the story, even though short, it delivers in spades. It just has so much cheese in it...

Basicly if it wasnt called Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon people would be all like "WTF, this is a Far Cry clone". This way they get to do an original game (you dont see many parody games like this) that doesnt take much money to make since most of the work was made with the original Far Cry 3. Everybody wins.

josemlopes:
snip

Ahh okay, that makes a little more sense.

Yeah I'm definitely buying the hell out of this.

piinyouri:

josemlopes:
snip

Ahh okay, that makes a little more sense.

Yeah I'm definitely buying the hell out of this.

Yeah basically what they said :P

Think of it as the "undead nightmare" of farcry 3.

I suspect the "farcry 3" name alone has some marketing power behind it too.

daveman247:
[

Yes there should always be a demo. I can agree with that. Failing that people can just have a little self control and wait for reviews. Using your example for aliens: It received widespread negative reviews. Yes marketing was misleading, which is why you wait.

The thing with people Pirating full games to "try" them out is then it relies entirely on the "customers" honour whether to pay for it or not. They have the whole game at that point, why should they pay for it.

Pirating/ hacking media started waaaaay before DRM came about.

Well Demos are not reliable as "Aliens: Colonial Marines" showed. Also I'm not so much talking about people pirating for themselves, but more that the pirates showed the game as it is off to everyone "this is what it actually is". That's the kind of information people should be getting before a game is released. Pretty much what the pirates are showing you in this video is what a company should be showing you before a game is released.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked