The most "oh... shit" moment in a game.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 43 NEXT

When I was putting in all the hours and frustration into Star Ocean 2 and at the end of the first disc, realized that the world I was trying to save.... Gets obliterated anyways....

A loud and thunderous "ARE YOU FUCKIN' KIDDING ME???!!!!" resounded throughout the room.

withinforever79:
When I was putting in all the hours and frustration into Star Ocean 2 and at the end of the first disc, realized that the world I was trying to save.... Gets obliterated anyways....

A loud and thunderous "ARE YOU FUCKIN' KIDDING ME???!!!!" resounded throughout the room.

I feel your pain.

For me it was Fatal Frame with the first boss you gotta fight near the end of the first night. I go into the room in the shrine. "Where is the bastard?" I wonder, looking around. Yeah, he's on the ceiling, bloody. OMG!

in bioshock walking into a room and all the lights go out

playing resistance online and realizing i have no ammo for any guns and no grenades
i still killed someone tho, i was amazed for a few seconds before i got sniped

max payne 2, at the end of the apartment levels, i get on the scaffoldings which collapse, scared me somewhat. but then you get down on the ground and you're faced with a van full of cleaners suddenly jumping out. that was kinda 'oh shit', but there's probably some moment that was even more 'o shit'.

Playing any Sonic game, going that bit too fast (too fast? Sonic? nah) off the edge of a cliff, fluff the jump and take a very fast journey to the bottom of the level.

Another one that comes to mind is bosses in R-Type games with their big lasers. You know he's got one, you've seen him do it before, but you'll be damned if you can remember to dodge it when he fires it.

when your girl gets dominated in the darkness

umm
metal gear solid 2 on european extreme
and you have to face 25 metal gear rays
lol
always an oh fuck moment lol

Too long of a thread to see if this was already mentioned, but I just re-played Freespace 2 (open source). That one mission where you go into the covert optional mission to scout out the other side of the nebula Knossos Portal, and literally the first thing you hear when the mission loads is your wing leader screaming "DIVE DIVE DIVE. HIT YOUR AFTERBURNERS" and seeing a gargantuan Shivan destroyer about 200 ft away coming straight at you to the portal. After a few seconds of 'Oh shit' I dove and hit my afterburners. Scared the crap out of me and wins my award for most innovative mission design. Caught me TOTALLY off guard.

Second point in the game comes a few missions later when you're defending convoys fleeing the advancing Shivan armada, and as you're fighting enemy fighters you suddenly realize that there are at least 10 Shivan juggernauts (the really ridiculously large and deadly cap ships) outlined in front of the Capellan sun. (for backstory, it took pretty much the largest most powerful cap ship to take out one of these things earlier in the game, and that was difficult). Just seeing their outlines in front of the sun momentarily scared the crap out of me until I realized they weren't actually in the battle, but just there for some weird reason (later on, SPOILER ALERT:............................... they blow up the sun).

ilives7, that's my most 'oh-shit' moment for the PC, for a console it's the first time you see a chainsaw-wielding psychotic zombie in RE4 and have no shotgun bullets left. I.E, all you have is an extra-crappy pistol *EEK*

playing the one bullet achievement in episode 1, realizing the the only bullet I can fire... has to be used on a lock, to get more guns

Basically the entirety of Hulk: Ultimate destruction. Such a great game.

Also, in Mass Effect near the end where Sovereign casually flies directly through the Alliance capital ships without even firing.

I take it back, the last 2 hours of Mass Effect in general were so damn epic.

Especially when SPOILERS*Saren shoots himself*END SPOILERS

When i saw "it" from RE4 for the first time

hearing the hissing trill of a poison headcrab in hl2, those little bastards make me jump every time.

The most ohh $H!T moment(S) for me were both on F.E.A.R *spoliers!*

1- this was more of an ohh hell no.... moment: the Scene on F.E.A.R when the nuklear explosion went off and you were stuck DIRECTLY in the path of the wave thats rapidly coming.

2- the single biggest OHH MUTHA &%^*(@ moment to me of all time is at the end of F.E.A.R and your team is riding away in the chopper some 200 feet above ground, and the one dude says what happened to alma? (mind you you "kill" her so you think she is dead) and she just climbs RIGHT THE HELL IN THE DAMNED CHOPPER!!!

i'm sure it has been mentioned at last once in this beastly thread, but assassin's creed, right after an assassination when you have an enormous amount of guards right behind you and you miss the ledge of the next building by an inch, and see the 30 feet of space between you and the ground quickly shortening

That moment the final boss is defeated... only to get up again in a bit of a temper tantrum.

To give a more specific one, when I'm playing Etrian Odyssey, realize I gotta get back to town, start heading out, only to realize I've managed to get myself cornered by a monster way above my level. >_>

In Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, when you go on one of the missions, and Minerva just pops out of the ground with her giant weapon...then kicks your ass in like five seconds....yea..

I'd have to say, believe it or not, a moment in Halo 2. There is one point in that game where you enter a room just in time to watch a horde of elites and brutes start fighting. Generally, you can just sit back and watch the chaos unfold before entering the fray to pick off the survivors: however, I had left a hunter alive in an area behind me. I heard the door open after I was already in the room, turned around, and a hunter is charging at me. I freaked and ran into the battlefield, the hunter chasing after me. I ran out of the building into a long corridor before getting stuck at a door that would not open: no one would go this far without having defeated the enemies in the room behind me first. The hunter was still chasing me, so I tried a bit of the good 'ol shoot in the back tactic, but the battle rifle doesn't do that as well as the pistol from Halo 1. I ran out of ammo before trying the same thing with a brute shot: ran out of ammo with that. I had no choice but to go back, at which point I ran in, grabbed a plasma pistol, took out the remaining elite and two brutes in the room with it, then picked up a fuel rod gun from the plethora of weapons lying on the floor and blew up the hunter with it.

Long story, I know, but man that was intense.

Seeing Nemesis in Resident Evil 3

I dunno if anybody here has played the Wheel of Time game (you'd probably understand this even if you've only read the books) - when you're in the Ways and Machin Shin starts chasing you...

any moment from condemed and fear
the end of shock and awe on COD4 although that was more of a "motherfu..." moment
when you see the troll for the first time is RE4
the ending of EP 2 *POSSIBLE SPOLIER* although that was more of a "ohh fuck you valve!FUCK YOU!" *END OF SPOILER GO BACK TO YOUR HOMES*

just remembered
every fight in project zero (or fatal frame) here is how my thoughts go whilst playing it
"ok this is a littel creepy nothing to bad. what what the hell was that thing in the corner! camera where the hell is my camera! ok i hurt it now i will just turn around. OH SHIIIITTT!!!"
and things dont get any better in PZ 2 (crimson butterfly) the worst moment is when you first fight the falling lady i didnt sleep for days after that

Legend of Zelda TWP The final floor of the pit of ordeals. When you had to fight the three goddamn darknuts. Not to mention I forgot to stock up on faries...That didn't end well.

SSBB Master hand on intense. He freaking one-shots you! Not cool guys!

Spawing into a Halo 3 multiplayer game, right next to the rest of my team. Watching all five of them simultaneously drop dead. Seeing five "So-and-so Quit" announcements in the bottom left of my screen. Pressing the back button to bring up the scoreboard and confirm that I really am the only one left on my team.

There were several when I first played through Gears of War, namely when the first berserker blows through the wall in front of you.

I'm home alone at 2 am, and playing through Ravenholm in Half Life 2.

Watching the Private Jenkins cutscene in Halo 1 (also at 2 am, home alone).

when i lagged in WoW and found myself in mid air over the center of the whelp pit in onyxia's lair

COD4 Spoilers- After you've chased Zackhaev's son through that town and he just shoots himself. And the Nuke scene that was intense.- End Spoilers.

nothing i have ever experienced has beaten the o......FUCK!!! kinda of feeling i got when playing Fianal Fantasy VII a while back. I am running down a ramp rite almost at the end of the level when *weird battle techno music* 3 giant dragon-machine type GODS fall down iin front of me and i have like 89/2198 health.......i was fucked

no ammo in bioshock

Psychonaughts, When I realized I was supposed to jump my way up the Me

Playing Assassin's Creed and saying, "Oh...what a piece of shit."

Silent Hill 2. Hey Pyramid-Head, seriously, What-The-Fuck! When you first see him in the hallway I literally exclaimed, 'OH SHIT!'

ilves7:
Too long of a thread to see if this was already mentioned, but I just re-played Freespace 2 (open source). That one mission where you go into the covert optional mission to scout out the other side of the nebula Knossos Portal, and literally the first thing you hear when the mission loads is your wing leader screaming "DIVE DIVE DIVE. HIT YOUR AFTERBURNERS" and seeing a gargantuan Shivan destroyer about 200 ft away coming straight at you to the portal. After a few seconds of 'Oh shit' I dove and hit my afterburners. Scared the crap out of me and wins my award for most innovative mission design. Caught me TOTALLY off guard.

Second point in the game comes a few missions later when you're defending convoys fleeing the advancing Shivan armada, and as you're fighting enemy fighters you suddenly realize that there are at least 10 Shivan juggernauts (the really ridiculously large and deadly cap ships) outlined in front of the Capellan sun. (for backstory, it took pretty much the largest most powerful cap ship to take out one of these things earlier in the game, and that was difficult). Just seeing their outlines in front of the sun momentarily scared the crap out of me until I realized they weren't actually in the battle, but just there for some weird reason (later on, SPOILER ALERT:............................... they blow up the sun).

I was gonna say Freespace 2 as well, but you beat me to it :) But yeah, there I am playing the last mission, literally up to my elbows in Shivan fighters, only to hear the warning that the star has gone supernova. Turning to see the sun slowly expanding towards you. And realizing that if the jump point is 15 kilometers away and you're in the heaviest fighter in the game, you don't have a chance in hell. My jaw dropped, and I just went "Oh SHIT!!" I figured they'd do something with it (you don't park eighty Juggernauts around a star without a good reason), but I figured they'd save it for the end movie, not during the bloody mission! I forgot about the part where you nearly get steamrolled by the Shivan juggernaut though in the covert ops mission, but it definitely applies too.

My other one generally applies to the fast zombies from Half-Life 2. Two specific circumstances stand out.

1. Where you first seem them in Ravenholm, jumping from rooftop to rooftop silhouetted against the full moon, and wondering how the hell a zombie can do that.
2. Sitting on a catwalk in Ravenholm, after dispatching a group of them, feeling proud of myself, but then hearing this strange chittering noise. I turn around and see one of the bastards was sitting six inches behind me, waiting for me to turn around, then screaming at the top of its zombie lungs and proceeding to disembowel me, and necessitating that I find a change of shorts.

RTR:
When i saw "it" from RE4 for the first time

@RTR: Same feeling but more, "screw this shit!" *click*

I don't really lose my cool much in games, but the one time I recall was in Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island. The last boss. I recall being "Well alright he got big. Where is he... Where is he... Wait. What's that? In the background... Ooo man, that is not good"

Pages PREV 1 . . . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . . . 43 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked