Games that know you cheated

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

E-mantheseeker:

Flour:

E-mantheseeker:
while reminiscing about a time I played "Super mario 64" I remembered a part where you have to beat a big penguin in a race on a downward icy path, in order to get a star.

That's not really cheating. But if I remember that race correctly, it IS possible to skip a huge part of the race by dropping on a lower section, and that will not be detected.
However, if you're able to take that shortcut, you should have no problems with the actual race.

I saw a video of that exact technique and all I wanted to happen was for the penguin to jump down right after you and land on top of you, and refuse to move.

I was a master at finding and exploiting the secrets in Mario 64. I whooped that race hardcore.

anti_strunt:
I recall some old 4X space strategy game which would appear to function normally, but would eventually turn un-winable in later stages. However, I believe that had to do with bypassing the copy-protection rather than cheating as such. I don't remember the name, though...

That was the first Master of Orion. It presented the user with a quiz when it loaded. If the user got this quiz wrong, it progressively made the game harder and harder.

sheic99:

Lucane:
Metal Gear Solid (PS1) Spoiler ahead... don't know how to make the block so hoping if you didn't want to read about this game you'll be aware to skip the next part.

When your in the torture room on the table Revoler Ocelot tells you not to try to use auto fire on a controller or he'll know and later when your fighting Pyscho Mantis you have to switch controller ports from 1 to 2 to get an egde on him after you beat him he knows you do it as well.

You are required to switch controller ports no matter what you do at that point. I thought Psycho Mantis came before the torture sequence.

Oh I must have remembered them by the order you first see the rooms my mistake, but I thought you could attempt and have a very low chance of beating Mantis without switching but never attemped myself.

ColdStorage:

new_age_reject:
GTA, it stops you from completing the game 100%, not funny at all but damn annoying if your slightly OCD.

Lucane:
later when your fighting Pyscho Mantis you have to switch controller ports from 1 to 2 to get an egde on him after you beat him he knows you do it as well.

That's the only way of beating him, so technically not a cheat. :P

incorrect, you can actually beat him without changing ports, the game knows if your low on ammo so it spawns boxs whenever you need them, it takes about 50 minutes to beat him though. Trick is to shoot wildly, if you take aim he'll dodge all bullets, shoot wildly around him and he'll dodge into a stray bullet.

Oh man gald I never had to do it that way.

In Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3, if you try to access a Persona that you can't obtain by normal means (I think it's called Universe) The support character (Either Mitsuru or Fuuka) contacts you and goes on about how disapointed they are with you, then the game crashes if you try to attack.

I have one for Homeworld 2, it wasnt necessarily an intelligent anti-cheat thing AFAIK, but if you did some savepoint LUA hacking, you could give yourself as many ships as you like anywhere at the start of a level in the campaign.

However, when you did so, the enemy ships spawned on the map increased in number by about the same amount you just hacked your fleet to have, making the giant fleets just a little more epic, rather than useful.

Haru_Elric:
In Legend Of Zelda: A Link to the past. If You'll recall stealing an Item from the ol' town shoppe, and trying to re-enter.

If you don't remember, The clerk calls you a thief, kills you and brands you with the name "THIEF" for the rest of the game. Then again, if you wanna speed up the game and get the bow before even going to the first dungeon and saving yourself 980 rupees, It's not a bad idea.

AHH man you beat me to it!

In Fallout 3, if you noclip up to Stockholm in Megaton (He's the sniper), He says "I don't have time to talk to you. Hey, how'd you get up here, anyway?"

Madness Interactive, you gain cheats from ebating the game, but if you cheat to beat the game, it says "You get nothing, because you CHEATED!"

There was a pretty old game series, 2d isometric third person shooters called Crusader(released in '95 and '96). There was a cheat in the first game, Crusader: No Remorse that, if put into the second game, No Regret, would teleport the player to a level where you are surrounded by a bunch of the toughest enemies in the game with no cover, and the game displays a message along the lines of, "What, did you think we wouldn't change the cheat codes?"

Classic.

In Theme Hospital if you cheated a voice would come over the intercom saying, "The administrator is cheating".

In mechwarrior 3 if you used cheats you got hit with a dishonorable label and couldn't continue in the campaign.

x434343:
In Fallout 3, if you noclip up to Stockholm in Megaton (He's the sniper), He says "I don't have time to talk to you. Hey, how'd you get up here, anyway?"

I got that message by jumping through a hole in the fence and then walked up. You don't need no clip, but it helps.

My friend made a copy of my pirate copy of The Battle For Middle-Earth, but when he played it in his computer, after 5 minutes all of his units and buildings would be destroyed.
The same anti-piracy measure was taken in Age Of Empires II, where if your copy was pirated, all the enemies would surrender after 5 minutes.

[indignant Brummie/Welsh accent]

The hospital administrator is chea-ting!

[/voice]

EDIT: Bollocks. Note to self - read both pages before replying.

I liked how in (I think it was Heretic) if you typed IDDQD (the Doom I/II invuln code) it would splatter you, and if you typed IDKFA (the Doom I/II all-weapons code) you'd be reduced to just your melee weapon. And I'm pretty sure that there were other games that had the same effects when you use those infamous codes... I was also going to mention the LoZ thief-thing, but...

Fable 2 clearly has no idea you're cheating if you fiddle with the clocks for free money.

Animal Crossing. If your game time is too far apart from your system time then many glitches occur (on purpose)

Civilization II has a cheat menu that you can activate. In order to access it, you first have to activate it (not exactly difficult, it's just a matter of clicking a button).
Once you activate cheat mode, you can do all sorts of crazy stuff. However, when you finish the game it's clearly noted on your score.

I actually cheated on Fallout 3, too much walking so I found a no collision cheat (tcl, if you know how to put that into a spoiler button please be my guest) anyways it let you walked through everything, shame it didn't work in central DC though, you actually need to use the subways other wise you will find yourself in a void area, anyways I also used it a few times to get into special locked rooms or mes around with the shishcabob running up and down through the monster's feet area hitting....

Diablo 2, because I'm playing a Necromancer.

DMC 4, for using the inter-web to beat the giant Sparda-thing.

Oblivion, by moving the difficulty slider all the way to the left.

This forum-game thingy by not putting a proper intro, body, and closing statement in... The list goes on a and on.

in grand theft auto it tells you how many times you cheated, and that adds up

Age of Empires 2...unless the Mongol Empire really did have convertables with machine guns...

ndogg34:
I can't remember for certain, but I think it was in Ultima V, if you used a cheat code to enter a hidden dungeon in the Serpent's Spine (only accessible by cheating), Lord British would appear, accuse you of cheating and hand you your ass on a silver platter.

Lol, I remember that but I think it was Ultima IV.

I guess what these people were saying was that kids sometimes cheat to make the team, or to keep up with their friends. Sometimes they cheat because they dont feel good about themselves and what they can do, or because they think their parents want them to be stars.

=============================================

christine

Cash Surveys

christine88:
I guess what these people were saying was that kids sometimes cheat to make the team, or to keep up with their friends. Sometimes they cheat because they dont feel good about themselves and what they can do, or because they think their parents want them to be stars.

=============================================

christine

Cash Surveys

Link spam, clearly off topic. reported. I highly doubt that she was being ironic.

ColdStorage:

new_age_reject:
GTA, it stops you from completing the game 100%, not funny at all but damn annoying if your slightly OCD.

Lucane:
later when your fighting Pyscho Mantis you have to switch controller ports from 1 to 2 to get an egde on him after you beat him he knows you do it as well.

incorrect, you can actually beat him without changing ports, the game knows if your low on ammo so it spawns boxs whenever you need them, it takes about 50 minutes to beat him though. Trick is to shoot wildly, if you take aim he'll dodge all bullets, shoot wildly around him and he'll dodge into a stray bullet.

Ah fair enough, the only reason I found out about the plugging into the second port is cause I was told by a friend. Never even tried anything else until after.

Spore gives you the Joker badge in Space stage for giving yourself Sporebucks. My friend found this out so I didn't have to ^_^

new_age_reject:

ColdStorage:

new_age_reject:

Lucane:

Ah fair enough, the only reason I found out about the plugging into the second port is cause I was told by a friend. Never even tried anything else until after.

try it on the original if you dare, it took my 50 minutes, but not on my first go.... beating him is harder than french kissing a cobra.

ColdStorage:

new_age_reject:

ColdStorage:

new_age_reject:

Lucane:

try it on the original if you dare, it took my 50 minutes, but not on my first go.... beating him is harder than french kissing a cobra.

i beat him with the bandana and a machine gun

Achievement Unlocked, if you so much as hover over the "Hint" button you earn the achievement "Cheater!"

In Mercenaries you actually got some kind of achievment if you cheated.

I remember one other game which told you you used a cheat but I can't remember the name.

WOLF 3D! It straight TELLS YOU THAT YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.

POSTAL 2 straight out calls you a cheater!(and a pussy)

I remember when you cheated on Vectorman it wouldn't let you see the ending and instead would tell you that you should now go back and complete the game without cheating.

Super Star wars all of them coz some of those levels are fucking hard lol.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked