The AGS Bake Sale, a new pay-what-you-want indie game bundle for charity, is now open for business.
If you thought that the end of the holiday season meant the end of tantalizingly cheap indie game bundles, at least for awhile, you thought wrong! But the AGS - that's Adventure Game Studio - Bake Sale is a little different than most: it's a pay-what-you-want collection of 14 indie games, with all proceeds [beyond the minimum cost of $1.50 to cover processing fees] going to the Child's Play Charity.
Despite its name, the Adventure Game Studio can do a lot more than adventure games, and the 14 titles in the AGS Bake Sale include "a wide variety of games across a few different genres." Here's what you get:
- 9 Months In, by Tzachs, Noavana, and gameboy
- Abner The Amazing, by poc301 and LocutusOfBored
- Barn Runner: The Rich Dame Who Cut The Cheese, by Ponch
- Ben Chandler, Paranormal Investigator - In Search Of The Sweets Tin, by Grundislav
- Entrapment, by Lightbulb Games
- Escape The Barn, by Cat
- Falling Skyward, by ThreeOhFour
- Fragment, by Kaputtnik and ThreeOhFour
- Indiana Rodent and the Raiders Of The Lost Cheese, by Crystal Shard Games
- The Rail, by Technocrat
- RAM Ghost, by Ghost
- Red Volition, by Richard Hofmeier
- Retina, by Dualnames
- Zombie Attack, by ShiverMeSideways
Truth be told, I'm not familiar with any of these games, but don't dismiss the horsepower of the Adventure Game Studio or the skills of those who use it. The brilliant, sublime Gemini Rue was created with AGS, which is about as fine a reference as an indie game engine can get.
More information about the AGS Bake Sale, which runs until February 29, and the games on offer can be found at agsbakesale.com. Don't miss it!