I want to believe...that this will be better than the last couple seasons of the show's original run.
With Star Wars: The Force Awakens capturing the breadth of our attention in recent weeks, it's easy to forget about the other movie/TV entities returning from a long hiatus. Not only did David Lynch's Twin Peaks release an ominous teaser trailer recently, but now, The X-Files has done one better, dropping a massive gallery of new images and a 21-minute featurette to hype its return to the small screen.
It may have been 13 years since The X-Files closed its last case, but the "Re-Opened" featurette argues that the show will be picking up right where it left off -- albeit in a six-part miniseries. Featuring loads of behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with show creator Chris Carter, David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, and even new stars like Joel McHale, "Re-Opened" is a must-see for X-Files fans hoping to see what Mulder and Scully have been up to ahead of the show's return on January 24th.
A few things we've learned? Well...(SPOILERS)
1. Mulder and Scully have broken up.
2. They have given up their baby for adoption (!!)
3. Several more memorable characters (The Cigarette-Smoking Man chief among them) will be returning.
4. The first and last episodes of the miniseries will focus on the show's mythology.
5. The series premiere, "My Struggle", centers on Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson) investigating Annet Mahendru's character, who is believed to be a "possible alien abductee," according to Joel McHale's character, a conservative talk show host who gives Mulder and Scully the tip to investigate her.
And not only that, but Fox has also released a plethora of new images from the upcoming series. The majority of them, as you might expect, are creepier than the average episode of Salad Fingers. Check them out below, then make sure to tune into the X-Files premiere (re-premiere?) on January 24th on Fox.
Source: Arrow In The Head